Chapter 12

Waking up with a headache is never my favorite. I rub the back of my head as I recall what happened yesterday. As it all came back to me I quickly jumped up only to be faced with nothing. There was no boy, no blood, no hooks, nothing. It was like the crime scene never existed.

I looked around scared and confused as the feeling of being watched came back. I try to ignore it while I searched the room for any clues as to what happened yesterday but to no avail. I couldn't find anything.

With my headache pounding against my skull, I sluggishly head to my bathroom to take a shower and change my clothes.

Once my morning routine is done I take an Advil and head out of the door without eating. The scene from yesterday ruined my appetite.

As I walk to school the feeling of someone following me didn't go away. I tried to ignore it until I heard a trashcan drop to the floor. I turn around quickly but see no one. There isn't even a trashcan in sight. Am I going crazy?

As I think it over Diara pops her head from the alleyway and looked at me timidly.

"Wha- Diara! What are you doing here? You scared the living daylights out of me! What are you even doing hiding in an alleyway?"

I question Diara as I clutch my heart. She shyly comes over to me before stuttering out an answer.

"S-sorry! I j-j-just saw you w-walking and I j-just wanted to-"

Diara stumbles over the words in her mouth as she mumbles inaudible nonsense. With a sigh, I place my hands on her shoulders to calm her down as she looks up at me.

"It's ok. I'm guessing you just wanted to walk with me."

She nods her head as she nervously twirls a loose strand of hair near her face. I smile at her.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting to walk to school with me. Just please say something next time rather than giving me a heart attack."

Diara's eyes light up as she nods her head vigorously and cheers as if she hit the jackpot. I laugh shaking my head at her childlike behavior before continuing our walk to school.

The walk was quiet while my mind was anything but. Diara seemed at peace with the silence as long as she was in my presence but I couldn't help the nagging disgust as I thought back to last night.

I swear that a dead boy was dangling from my ceiling. How could he not be there anymore? Am I going crazy or did Aimiah have something to do with it? I settle on the ladder and decide to talk to Aimiah when I get to school.

I and Diara finally show up to school. Unfortunately, we are pretty early which is normal for Diara but far from what I'm used to. If anything, I tend to be late. I and Diara go our separate ways as she heads to the library and I go Aimiah hunting.

As I search for the princess of perfection I hear a perfectly cut gasp.

"Y/n! Your early today, I'm guessing you've come to see me. You always did make me feel like a special one."

Turning the corner was Aimiah. Girls follow her like lovesick puppies who can't get enough of their owner's affection. Aimiah comes towards me before pulling me into her sweet embrace.

"How was your sleep?"

She whispered softly into my ear. If her lips weren't practically on my ear I almost wouldn't have heard her. With a gulp, I speak.

"About that, I actually need to talk to you...in private."

I pull away, looking at her entourage swooning over her. Aimiah pouts from the lack of contact before regaining her composure.