June 18, 2023

I'm called while I'm at the movies celebrating my birthday off from my day job and the day I'd decided not to do any patrols for the night. Something caused an explosion at the Alchemax building in downtown LA and Claire wanted me to check it out, to make sure there were no chemical leaks or anything.

I groaned in annoyance but am up and out of the theater in record time, "You owe me another movie, Claire!"

I was only half joking, anything dealing with Alchemax was sketchy and did require us to check it out at the very least.

I dip into an alley and call up a portal to get me home so I can change and be on my way quickly.

The moment I put in my ear piece, it sparks to life and Claire is talking in my ear, "It's really strange, honestly. Something is crashing along the streets and whatever it is seems to have a sort of electromagnetic shield around it? Like, it fucks with the cameras and anything electronic but not to the point of frying them. Again, really weird. Be careful in case it cuts us off from each other."

"Roger that." I slip on my goggles and fix my wig to make sure it's secure before I'm off.

I made my way quickly to the source of the 'black out' and soon I was landing on top of a building and am utterly baffled by what I'm seeing.

"What the fuck?" I reach into my coat and pull out my phone that's in a secure pocket. Thankfully, it appeared it didn't affect my phone too badly and I was able to snap a picture.

"What is it? The cameras glitching."

"You know those really old Japanese drawings?"

"Yeah?"

"It's like this person was ripped directly out of one and is walking around in the real world. It's weird as fuck to look at and comprehend." I explained.

"Huh?" She sounded equally as baffled.

"You wanna know the weirdest part? The motherfuckers got arms like yours."

There was silence, "Can you try and capture them? Bring them to the lab?"

"I'll see what I do, dolly." I jump down into the streets and call out to them, "Hey Octo-Freak!"

Their wild eyes turned on me and I squared my shoulders in preparation for a fight, "Let's dance."

One of his arms shoots out and I jump up. Upon landing on him, I realized that though he looks 2d, he feels 3d. I'm able to get a foothold on him easily and I run up his arm even as he tries to knock me off with his others.

I jump again and spin, preparing to try and land a solid kick to his head.

But he grabs my ankle with an arm and slams me down on the ground. I groan and roll out of the way of another arm slamming down in the place I was previously.

I knew a bit about my sister's arms, obviously, so if I could just get to his back I would probably be able to disarm him. Literally.

But it also seems he was aware of his weakness, or at least, what I was trying to do as he yelled in what was probably Japanese.

Usually, Claire is able to get me a 460 look around a place, but she was currently unable to with whatever was the problem with the electricity around the place.

Suddenly, before I could try and formulate a plan to get behind him. My senses go off in a way I've never felt before and I snap my head around frantically to try and pinpoint the feeling.

Then my gaze snaps up to a nearby building where my gaze locks on two people in what were undoubtedly spidersuits. And something about them was distinctly off in the way the villain I was fighting was, except more muffled and contained.

"Oh shit. I think things just got interdimensional." I whisper, hoping my sister could hear me.