The next day (Part II)...

Start from the beginning

After enjoying their first breakfast as husband and wife, they both went down the stairs. Sitting in the main room was Baran's dad, Mr. Kudret. They went to him to wish him a good morning and to let him know that they would spend the day out. "Of course, son, don't worry about us here, go and have fun together, I still don't understand why you wouldn't take my daughter on a honeymoon, but..." "Dad, I told you, we don't want to be away from the house right now" Dilan motioned her head in agreement and said, "We are more than happy like this Dad" Both Mr. Kudret and Baran turned their heads to Dilan with the biggest smile on their faces, as it was the first time Dilan called Mr. Kudret 'Dad'. "Ok kids, go, go, and make the most of the day". They said their goodbyes and went out of the house. Baran's truck was already parked outside, so they got in and went into the city.

They drove in silence while holding hands, with the windows slightly down to let some breeze in. Every once in a while Baran would look at Dilan and kiss her hand. Soon they were on the coast, and the sea smell and sounds of seagulls reached them. "We are here," Baran said, as he parked the truck in a parking lot. He then got out of the truck and Dilan followed him. He went around and opened the trunk to reveal two bicycles. Dilan's eyes were wide open and she turned to face Baran. "You love to ride them and we've never done it together, so I thought it could be a good start to the day" Dilan smiled and rejoiced as she waited for him to unload the bicycles.

They rode close to the coastline, and Dilan was enjoying the breeze and the sensation of freedom. She had never felt this free before. When they met, she saw herself as a prisoner in that mansion, it took her a while to understand Baran's intentions, to realize that they were both paying for the sins of others, not just her. It was a sacrifice for them but it was worth it as it meant the safety of their families. And now she was being compensated by life, for all the hardship they went through. She found her favorite person, the one that would walk with her on the same path, hand in hand, with love, with respect, and with trust.

Baran was riding behind Dilan, rather than the view around him, he could not stop looking at her. She looked so happy, so beautiful, and carefree at this moment, he wanted her to always feel like this. How they reached this point was still a mystery to him, all he knew was that she brought color to his life, excitement, and more importantly, love. He wanted to do everything for her because she deserved it. She healed the biggest wound in his heart, his mother's passing. There would always be a scar there, traces of that little boy that had to grow up way too soon. But now, it was no longer bleeding, he didn't look at it every day, instead, he now could reminisce about the memories of his mother with love and joy, away from the hatred and pain that her death meant. And it was all thanks to his wife.

As they were riding the bicycles, they were approaching a marina, with lines and lines of boats. Baran rode faster to be in front of Dilan and to lead her to where they were going next. He turned into a wooded bridge and made a stop a few minutes after. Dilan did the same. "Why did you stop?" Baran got off the bike and helped her do the same. They left the bikes standing there and Baran reached for Dilan's hand. "Come..." They walked toward a specific boat. It was white, the bottom black, and the windows tainted. Two floors were visible, one she assumed was the captain's cabin. There was a swim platform and once you passed that, there was a sort of sitting area and a glass door that led to the inside of the boat. They board it by a bridge connecting the boat to land.

Baran took Dilan to the front part of the boat. "Have you been on a boat before?" he asked. Dilan could not hide her excitement and while looking all around her, said: "No, I have never". Baran was happy with her reply, it was a first for her and he wanted to have many firsts with her. "Good, wait here". Baran went through the side of the boat and disappeared. She sat down contemplating the view and enjoying the feel of the sun on her skin. The boat rocked gently from side to side and she could hear the sounds of the water against it. A few minutes later, Baran came back and sat right behind her. The boat began to move forward while Dilan rested her body against Baran's. Both experiencing this moment together.