"Don't worry, Frisk," said Undyne as she and Papyrus got to their feet. "We won't let him get you again."

"I'm coming, darling!" Mettaton yelled as his boots clacked louder and more quickly towards their general direction. "Don't go anywhere!"

Undyne summoned her glowing spears, fired them in Mettaton's general direction, and yelled, "Eat this, pretty boy!"

The group heard Mettaton shuffle around quickly on his feet and respond, "You're gonna have to do better than that, Undyne. Your moves might be good enough for Dr. Alphys, but you're gonna have to try harder to stop me!"

"Shut up!" Undyne yelled. "God, you're annoying! Papyrus, make a wall now!"

"Right," Papyrus said momentarily dropping Frisk on the ground and creating a wall of bones in front of them. "Now, what?"

Undyne lifted Frisk onto her back, tossed the violin case to Papyrus, and said, "Run like hell and don't you dare drop the violin!"

"Ma'am, yes, ma'am!" Papyrus replied running while cradling the violin case in his arms.

"Hey!" Frisk whined while Undyne and Papyrus dashed as far away as possible. "Don't toss my instrument like that. You could break it."

"I think we have bigger problems right now, punk," Undyne retorted.

"I'll say," Mettaton's voice said in front of them before the ground fell out from under them again.

They fell upwards through a hole on the path overlooking the city that Frisk had followed many times before and landed on their feet when the hole was dissolved.

Another hole opened up, and Mettaton popped out and posed in front of them once he dissolved that hole as well.

Papyrus, Undyne, and Frisk all did double takes. Mettaton was wearing a blue minstrel outfit of varying hues instead of the dress he wore all the previous times.

But before any of them had too much time to think about it, lights came up. Cameras came on. Calibri handed Mettaton a microphone. Then, suddenly, they were live.

"Beauties and gentlebeauties, our crisis has been averted," Mettaton announced. "My lovely contestants and my son have been found safe and sound. It's a miracle."

Mettaton clapped his hands along with the crew and the audience at home while Frisk and Undyne simultaneously rolled their eyes.

"Now, for those of you just tuning in, Mr. and Mrs. Skeleton are fighting through an obstacle course against me for the right to take the homeless human orphan Frisk home as their son," Mettaton said as he walked more closely to his contestants before Undyne summoned a spear as a warning. "But before commercial break, we were having some technical difficulties and Frisk took the chance to run away from his babysitter and me and somehow managed to find his way back. Now, Frisk, would you like to explain how you did that for the curious audience watching?"

Mettaton stretched out his arm until the microphone was right next to Frisk's face.

Frisk saw Burgerpants standing nervously next to the crew and staring at him apologetically.

Frisk looked back at Mettaton and said, "No, that's none of your business."

"I'd beg to differ," Mettaton replied. "You are legally my responsibility."

"Tough toenails," Frisk retorted. "I'm not your son."

Mettaton leaned back, posed dramatically, and said, "Oh, woe is me! What ever shall I do?"

Lights went down, and the spotlight appeared on Mettaton. He strutted backwards to the bottom of the stairs, fell back onto them, and posed against them dramatically.

"Alas! My son, the child I have adopted as my own, has turned against me," Mettaton monologued. "Why has he betrayed me so? Have I not fed him and clothed him and treated him with the upmost courtesy? Have I not vowed to care for him as I would my own flesh and blood? Why does he treat me with such vile contempt? Where ever did I go wrong?"

"God, he was less annoying when he wore the dress," Frisk muttered quietly causing Undyne and Papyrus to chuckle under their breath.

"My son," Mettaton said reaching out his hand towards Frisk who was suddenly lit up with the spotlight. "Won't you return to me? There shall be no consequence for your betrayal. I only want you to come home…And play this MTT-brand electric guitar I bought for you!"

Another spotlight shined on the electric guitar that was sitting on the landing at the top of the stairs.

"How about it, my dear son?" Mettaton asked.

"I'm just fine with the violin you bought me, asshole!" Frisk yelled back at him.

Just then, the ratings board pinged as 20 viewers stopped watching the show at once. The ping was loud enough to catch the notice of Mettaton and Frisk's group.

Mettaton was visibly flustered for a moment before regaining his composure.

"Darling, I must ask again for you not to use such language on a family-friendly television show," Mettaton said firmly. "Such language makes my audience unhappy, and when my audience is unhappy, I'm unhappy. Understand?"

The dots finally started coming together in Frisk's and everyone else's mind. Undyne, Papyrus, and Frisk exchanged knowing glances.

"Yes, Mettaton," Frisk replied. "We understand. May I play a song for the audience? I'll sing the lyrics, too."

"Oh, my dear," Mettaton said happily getting to his feet. "Nothing would make me happier. What do you want to play?"

"It's a song called 'Dumb,'" Frisk said. "It was written by a grunge band called Nirvana."

"Oh," Mettaton said in slight confusion. "That sounds…interesting. Why doesn't Mr. Skeleton put you down so you can play?"

Papyrus looked worried for a second, but after receiving a smile from Frisk, he put him down but kept his hands on his shoulders.

Frisk smirked back at his friends one more time as he began to play.