THE INVITATIONAL VISIT

Phoebe and her family had come in, carefully making their way into the living room. My brother had already left by then, probably into the kitchen or something.
"Take a sit, please" I said as we settled down.
"So, ..ummm how are you..and how's everything" I added, looking at Phoebe.
"Well not much..we are having a get together and ...I was thinking " she said when Millie's tantrums distracted her.
"Is that a..baby," she asked.
"Umm" I paused , trying to look for a better excuse when Phoebe ,prince and link looked behind me.
"Ahh cherry?" Perry started and I turned around.
"It is a baby" prince said,

excitedly fascinated.
"Ummm..thanks Perry..you made her mad" I said, getting up to him and carrying Millie.
"Me?.. she's the one that started asking if she could come see you" perry pressed on and sat on the couch next to prince.
"Mama Mimi see you" Millie bubbled and I froze my self mentally when I sat back in the couch.
"Wait.. mamma?" Phoebe let out.
"Yeah Phoebe.. haven't you noticed she's not pregnant anymore?" Link pointed out. Phoebe's mouth hang agape as though speechless of something.
"Phoebe.. this is not what it looks like" I said.
"Really? Cause it looks like you had a baby..and didn't even tell me" she said and she was right. That was exactly what it was.
"Yes it is..but" I wanted to say but Millie did something that made the whole situation worse..
"Auntie Phoebe" she cooed and I stopped to look at her. Million had her eyes on Phoebe and Phoebe on her.
"Thunderman" Phoebe said,her eyes gaining a blue and yellow thunder strike.

"What?" I sounded out knowing that something must be up and Phoebe pointed at the baby on my lap

"What?" I sounded out knowing that something must be up and Phoebe pointed at the baby on my lap. I looked at Millie and could see in her eyes the same thunder strike motion in hers.
"Oh wow" I heard myself say.
"Oh wow..she has my smile" Phoebe said, almost crying.
"Seriously.. that's the only thing you noticed?" Perry started.
"Not now perry" I said.
"Phoebe, I am really sorry.." I continued, facing my best friend.
"Shhh I'm still looking.. have I ever showed you max and I's baby pictures" she asked, interrupting me.
"Yes bestie..and I know exactly what you mean " I responded , remembering that both Max and Phoebe looked alot like my baby. Especially, max.

 Especially, max

"But.." I said, hesitating to continue. For while,there was a huge silence in the room. Then perry stood up in the midst of all of us.
"Ok..prince.. Millie," he said, carrying Millie and holding prince's hand." You two are coming with me." He added.
"Thanks perry " I said, understanding where my conversation with Phoebe would go.
"Yeah,yeah..you both owe me for making me an uncle this young. Now I have to pretend to be responsible" he joked and Phoebe and I laughed then he left with the kids.
"Max is getting married" Phoebe started ,after taking a huge breath.
"Kk yeah I ..I know" I said, with a light Chuckle.
" Cherry,you have to come back and stop it. Max isn't even inlove with Allison," link spoke up.
"That's right bestie..we all see that he's just using her to get over you" Phoebe added and I bowed my head down, trying not to cry.
"Phoebe..I hear what you guys are saying but..his inlove with her..he always has been": I started, failing to control my tears.
"Cherry" Phoebe pressed on, moving from her chair and sitting on mine.
"And I know..I I love him but.. what happened between him and I was just an illusion" I cried.
"Cherry, what about what you told me when link and I were apart" Phoebe started.
"Yeah.. what happened to fighting for what you feel " link  said.
"I can't fight for what's not there guys " I screamed, crying my eyes out.
"Right..cause Millie is not there " she said,her response catching me by surprise.

cause Millie is not there " she said,her response catching me by surprise

I definitely never ever thought of that.
"I think you need to leave" I said from without and looked at her face. The tears that had began to stream down her face were hard to watch so I stood up and started going the same direction, perry went in.
"Ok fine..I'll leave." Phoebe responded from behind me.
"I just came.. came to invite you to our get together.. it'll be at Billie's house" she said. My heart literally sank. What the hell was I doing, throwing my own best friend out. My daughter's godmother.
"I'm so sorry Phoebe don't leave" I cried and felt her arms wrap around me within five seconds of waiting.
"Oh bestie..I would never leave you..ever" she cried still hugging me.
"I'm just.." I said, shaking my head to face her. Phoebe took my hand and led me to sit on the couch.
"I know...so much has happened to you Cher bare..I mean you are a mother,for crying out loud" she said wiping my tears.
"How did you do this.."  I cried, remembering how Phoebe took control of her situation of being a single mom with so much strength.

I looked at her then back down. There was no way I could be like that. So strong. So capable.
"Cherry" she sounded out, grabbing her handkerchief.
"I can't do this anymore Phoebe" I continued with my face in my palms.
"I know.." Phoebe said
"Millie is so unlucky to have me ... I just wish max got Alli pregnant and not me.. then Alli would be her mom .." I cried and Phoebe's hug got tighter.

I knew she was crying too but not loud enough for me to hear

"Hey.. listen to me":I heard link say and he came upto were we sat.
"You and Phoebe.. aren't that different. The only difference you and  Phoebe have is that.. she had you" He continued and I heard Phoebe's voice force in a laugh.
"Kkk I love you too baby.." he said to her.
"And I think.. that's what hurts Phoebe the most right now" link went back , looking at me.
"I just wanna be there for you the same way you have been there for me.. please..let me" she cried.
"Oh Phoebe.." I started ,pulling her back into a hug.
" Look.. she's...we..are not asking for much..we know you're still hanging by a thread, trying to breath.." link stuttered, trying not to cry. His hands fiddled with a little card in his hands.
Link handed it to me and as soon as I read what was on it ,I knew I had to.
"Kkk I will be there.." I said, nodding my head.