GROWTH SPURTS

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
The broadness of the morning had shown so bright on me. Stretching my arms to it's welcoming warmth,the first thing on my mind was million.my eyes immediately switched focus from the window to the crib I had laid my baby in.
"Good morning Millie" I said , getting out of bed . Million slept in a little white cribe and above it was her name written in bold cursive writing. I smiled as I came face to face with what I could describe as the most precious and beautiful thing I had ever seen.
"Good morning my baby" I cooed , giving her a tickel and she started to giggle freely.
"I see you're already awake ..." I said, lifting her and carrying her away from the crib. Million,as I had seriously observed because it was my job as her mother to, was an early morning riser. It occurred to me that despite what hour my baby would go to bed in,she would always wake up around five o'clock on the dot.
"Come on .. let's go chew something for breakfast mmmmwa " I started, kissing her little cheeks. She was so adorable. I felt like I was truly inlove.
"Morning uncle perry" I spoke in a squicky tone to perry when me and million got into the living room.
" Good morning beautiful creatures... Millie,you waking up before everybody else is not cool. We have to talk  about this." He said to her and she clapped her tiny hands together as though she understood.
"Ah...since when is my baby being an early riser not cool." I scoffed at my funny brother's remark.
"Since it broke the record for first person to wake up challenge ..which is me" he responded as I walked towards his direction and handed him his niece.

"Here you go" I said and Millie held out her hands , squealing for attention from him.
"Ooh don't mind if I do" Perry said putting her on his lap.
"Hey..hey...you being cute and all does not change shit. This conversation is not over" I heard him say to her when I started to make my way into the kitchen.
"Anything for breakfast" I called out, opening the fridge to a variety of food supplies. The fact that this guy was not rich , startled me. He had so much food in his refrigerator . Even food he happened to be allergic too that I ate.
"I don't know, eggs and bacon...what do you want ,Millie?" He started as if million would respond. I rolled my eyes at his outwitting nature. He was such a child.
"Egg n bacon kk" I heard someone giggle.
"Ahh cherry, ..the baby just talked " he said and I laughed. How could I not roll my eyes at that.
"Cherry!" He called again and I literally figured,why not. Perry was always a source of entertainment for me, especially when I had so little during this period.
"What" I  asked running back into the living room.
"Ahh where's Millie" I asked him because she was no longer in his arms. My heart started to beat harder when I saw the freaked out expression on my brother's face until I saw why he was so freaked out.
"Oh my..God" was all I said. Millie was sitted right behind me , sucking on her chewy toy. And she had grown a little bigger too.

 And she had grown a little bigger too

"Oh my Gooooood...you have your aunty Phoebe's smile" I cooed rushing towards her.
"Really.. that's all You've noticed" perry said . I could understand why he freaked out. I was much worse the first time I saw Chloe Thunderman grow a few months older within seconds when she was a baby.
"Oh dont be a big baby... you're lucky she's super grown after three days"  I told him , lifting million up from the floor.
"After three days?.. so you think normal newly born babies weight just as much as toddlers do?" He asked ,still sitted on the  chair with his legs tacked in his arms not touching the floor.
"Ooooh my poor big brother.." I cooed , walking upto him. Sometimes I wondered if I wasn't the younger of us. Perry might have outgrown me in intelligence factors  and chronical age but his mental age lagged a bit behind compared to mine. It was wired how he'd get the best grades and I Q tests awards but no adult realization to show for it. Honestly I never complained. This kept him humble.
" Hey ... she's smiling at me" he said, relaxing his lags off the chair.
"Awww I think she is...say 'i love you uncle Perry'" I cooed after noticing millions big cute smile.
"I wav you uncle Perry'" she responded and I felt like putting her down for five minutes. I might have been prepared for growth spurts but not talking. Definitely not talking.
"See!" Perry emphasized, gesturing at her.
"I wav you uncle Perry'" she repeated then I looked at her smiling that seemed to have been so contagious,it made me smile. It was like a smirk.
"Well.. I'll be...why can't you say that to me" I asked then she squealed and rested her head on my chest.
"Probably because I'm her favorite" perry bragged.
"Yeah.. right next to that chewing thingy she puts in her mouth all day... I'm her mother" I snapped.
"Awww sis, don't worry, she just started,I'm sure she'll come around " he said as I took a sit besides him. I looked at my baby who still had her head on my chest.
"Yeah.. you're right , let me just..." I started but million cut me off.
"I wav you more mommy " she said and I swear my heart did back flips as it kept beating.
"Ahhhhhhhh..." I screamed in excitement. That literally felt like the best thing I had ever heard . Nothing really toped above it.
"Hey could you keep it down"  perry said ,his hands blocking both sides of his ears. I stopped screaming and I understood why I had to . The door bell was simultaneously being rang from outside.
"I'll get it, here..have fun" I said letting perry hold the baby and she started crying, probably because she thought I was leaving.
"Million...I'll be right back" I said and watched her calm down then started for the front door.
" Phoebe? Link?...prince" I called after I opened the door to reveal Phoebe's nuclear family.
"Hey bestie...can we come in?" She asked, almost crying and I walked a step towards her then gave her a hug.
" I miss you so much" I cried , still hugging the life out of her. In that moment,it felt like nothing mattered.
""I miss you too cher bare" she sniffled. If there is one thing that I still date back to even upto date, it was this day.
"Prince..link" I said, looking at the two male figures besides her.
"Hey auntie cherry" little prince greeted and I felt my heart soften . He had gotten bigger and looked atleast eight years old.
"Oh my God .. come in ,you guys?" I said, stepping aside.