Additional Part 6: Hi Again

Začať od začiatku

JohnB gnaws on his lower lip, as he ponders. "I don't know- all this seems kinda wild- feels kind of off putting somehow?... like we're getting into something we may not know what we're getting into... I don't know- it just kind of feels all so familiar- like we've been here before and barely made it out alive- like the same kind of scenario-"

"Anyway, what do you think she'd want with us?" Sarah questions, curiously.

"I don't know. Revenge for fathers death doesn't sound too far off." Cleo chuckles, like she'd attempted a joke, but everyone in the group felt a tension, one that said she might have just been right.

"We didn't kill her dad."

"What you say don't reach her ears, Sarah."

JohnB darts his gaze to JJ who is taking a slow drink of his beer, slumped in his chair. "JJ- are you here to contribute- or what, man?" JohnB questions. JJ's eyes come up, barely meeting JohnB. He shrugs. "You haven't said a thing since you got here... I mean- what do you think?"

"Of her?" JohnB nods, taking in his unfazed look like he hadn't been paying attention for the past half hour. "I mean- I think she's kinda hot." he shrugs.

Pope's eyes glint with amusement, stifling a laugh with a cough, whilst JohnB's lips scrunch up into a purse.

"Not what I meant JJ.... this is serious."

"Well- no." Sarah says inquisitively, a curious smile crept on her face. She slowly leans over to JJ, studying him closely. "I mean- maybe we have some slight progress...? Maybe someone might not be so hung over his ex after all, and beginning to move on?"

JJ pulls her a face, getting onto his feet slowly with his beer still firmly gripped in his hand. "That might have almost made me throw up in my mouth..." he complains. "I need some air." he tuts, trying to get away from her before her questions become even more probing. He turns to walk over towards the way they'd come in. He wasn't going to be present... might as well not be there then, his thoughts tell him. He'd barely been present when they'd met up with the lady (he can't quite remember her name) they'd now know was Singh's daughter. He'd kind of also been kinda high at the time... smoked a couple of joints before they'd arrived. But he followed the group's cues as much as he could so it wouldn't leave him looking blatantly obvious how high he'd actually been.

As he walks out, he just misses as Rafe walks in from the other end of the bar, coming in through another entrance, the pair having barely just missed each other in the crowded bar, neither having noticed the other.

JJ crosses the street and walks over to his bike, leaning up against it as he finishes his beer. He couldn't believe JohnB had called him here just so they could discuss 'Maya Garcia' when he had his own things to do. He'd just made it to Rafe and Ki's property when JohnB had demanded he turn back and meet the group at this bar. He'd caught a glimpse of Ki on the verandah... her dress billowing as she leaned against the railing and the wind swirled around her. Rafe had been patting their dog below on the lawn, watching JJ's bike with a hard stare as he turned back around.

"Good." he mutters to himself, glad he'd provoked Rafe in some kind of way. He'd looked like he'd been brimming with rage at the sight of JJ, and that made JJ's lungs fill up with content. He pulls a pack of smokes from his back pocket, putting a smoke between his lips. As he shoved the pack back in, and pulled out a lighter, his eyes came over his shoulder... hearing a familiar bubbly tone he knows... a voice so familiar it stops his heart.

It's just a distance away. On the beach. A short distance from some palm trees and a picnic blanket- a row of street lamps illuminating the beach just enough for him to catch sight of her.