Chapter Forty Nine

En başından başla

"Maybe it could develop into love but before that I need you to be honest with me and tell me the truth. Can you do that?"

Vladamir looked like he was debating on whether or not he should be honest. Finally after what felt like hours he nodded gravely as if he was agreeing to do something horrible.

Throughout the time that I have known him I had so many questions I wanted him to answer honestly but now that I had the opportunity to do so I didn't know what to ask. It didn't help that my stomach started cramping again causing me to grit my teeth.

"Lie down Leanne." Vladamir commanded before taking off his jacket and shoes.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I listened to him and watched as he got under the duvet covers.

"Shh. Close your eyes."

I turned around so my back was facing him and he wrapped his arm around my midsection and pulled me closer until my body was flush with his. His large hand began to rub soothing circles over my stomach and surprisingly seemed to help with the pain.

I opened my mouth to speak but before I could say anything Vladamir spoke. "Go to sleep, you can question me tomorrow."

"Will you tell me the truth?"

"Truth is subjective."

Moving my head back I turned to glare at him. "Seriously?"

Vladamir chuckled into my ear. "I will tell you what you need to know. Close your eyes Leanne."

I did as he said, taking in comfort from his warm body against mine and his soothing hand on my stomach. It wasn't long until I drifted off but not before I heard Vladamir whisper three words into my ears.

"I love you."

@=#~=~#=@

Have you ever woken up and just felt annoyed? Nothing has happened to make you feel like that, no restless night, no bad dreams, you just wake up and feel pissed off at the world already.

That's how I felt as soon as I woke up the next morning, I felt annoyed and very grumpy and it didn't help that I couldn't move as something heavy was keeping me down.

I turned my head to see what the heavy thing was. It was Vladamir.

His arm was the thing holding me down and he wasn't in the same clothes as he was yesterday. In fact, it looked like he wasn't wearing any clothes as the naked arm was attached to a naked chest.

Turning my body over, I faced Vladamir as he slept soundly. It felt surreal seeing him like this, he looked so peaceful. My hands acted on its accord as it traced the lines on Vladamir's face. His face remain unmoving as I caressed his eyebrows, eyes, nose before moving down to his lips. With my thumb I brushed over his top lip before moving down to his bottom one.

"Ahh." I gasped out when Vladamir chomped down on my finger, scaring the crap out of me. His sparkling blue eyes met him as he sucked on my finger, his tongue swirling around it.

Waves of pleasure crashed over me from this small act and I let out a moan.

Vladamir released my finger and smirked. "The things I would have done to you if you were not on your period." Flashes of our previous sexual encounters popped into my head causing my body to heat up.

No Leah, now it not the time!

"So, tell me more. If I'm your mate why didn't you mark me when you first met me?"

"Would you not prefer to freshen up first before we discuss further?" Vladamir asked as he traced random patterns up and down my arms.

Was this his way of telling me I needed a shower? To be fair, I definitely did need to brush my teeth. I don't know how in the movies people turn over and start having conversation or making out, morning breath is a real thing people!

I slowly got out of bed, ignoring the hard slap Vladamir decided to place on my arse. Once I was in the bathroom I stripped down and began my morning routine. I took longer than I usually did, my mind occupied with the events of last night.

It was hard to believe what Vladamir said but I wanted to believe him, I wanted it to be real. I wonder if we would have ever met if Nina hadn't got pregnant by Gabriel. Would our paths have ever crossed? Would we have met later on in life when I already had a partner? How would have Vladamir reacted to that or would he not have cared?

Once I left the bathroom I was greeted to an empty bed. I narrowed my eyes as I thought of Vladamir disappearing so he wouldn't have to answer anymore question. There were so many things I wanted to ask, so many questions and Vladamir had barely scratched the surface with this whole mate situation.

Listening to my rumbling stomach I made my way over to the kitchen, I would have to hunt Vladamir down later, for now food was the only thing on my mind.

I stopped abruptly when I saw Vladamir sitting on one of the bar stools. He pulled one back and gestured for me to sit. I did as he asked, my stomach grumbling louder when I saw the food that was waiting for me.

"Eat. I will answer any questions you may have later."

I paused for a second. "Before I do, I have one question."

Vladamir let out an irritated sigh as if I was an annoying child. "One."

"Why is Tahlia here if she's not here to be your new mate?"

Vladamir took a long sip from his mug and from the scent I could tell it was coffee. He placed the coffee back down on the table and looked over his shoulder as if he was expecting someone.

I internally let out a groan when I saw who that someone was.

"Speak of the devil and she will appear." I muttered quietly, however, it clearly was that quiet as Tahlia narrowed her eyes at me.

"Explain to Leanne why you are here." Vladamir told Tahlia as he took another sip.

Tahlia sauntered over to Vladamir and placed her manicured hand on his shoulder. She gave me a sweet, sickly smile. "I am here to replace you as Vladamir's mate."

Vladamir chuckled. "I have told her the truth Tahlia."

Not the full truth!

Almost immediately Tahlia dropped her hand from Vladamir and took a step away from him as well as removing the nauseating smile from her face. "I am here to protect you."

"Protect me?" I echoed. "From what?"

Tahlia quickly glanced at Vladamir before answering my question. "From the immense number of enemies Vladamir has accumulated over the years."

"There's a bounty on your head."

@=#~=~#=@

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter 

How do you think Leah is going to react? After the next chapter things will start becoming more intense before it all ends! 

I will upload again in a few days but you can read the full story on www.patreon.com/kayy_b

For those of you who don't have patreon or can't access it in your country, I have another option for you. Inkitt has a subscription page where you can now access all my completed and ongoing stories! I've spent the last couple of hours sorting my page out for those of you who are interested

It's very similar to patreon and you'll be able to read the completed version of The Wolf Baby and The Lycan's Mark and also  the third book in this series- The Lycan's Second Chance (ongoing)

My inkitt page is www.inkitt.com/kayy_b

If you have any questions, let me know.

Thank you for reading :)

-Kayy xx