The Light in the Woods

You stand in a forest dark as night. The wind whistling though the baren leaves. The tree branches twist and turn like knobby fingers in the wind. A howl echos though their branches. 

You shiver never having felt so afraid or alone. The curse that is within you hammering against your chest, making your heart feel like a beacon to creatures of the night. 

A rustle in the brush makes you spin around excepting the worst short of creature to appear, but all you see is a little light. A light that slowly glows and becomes a hundred.

You watch in awe, at first mistaking the lights for fireflies

You watch in awe, at first mistaking the lights for fireflies. Upon further inspection you realize that they couldn't possibly be. Their light is pure and white the rim a soft blue. They move together as one swaying gently up and down until you approach. 

When your shadow passes in front of the nearest one, they suddenly seem to come to life, moving together in a blink of eye. The light so startling you raise your hand to your head to shield yourself. 

When you look between your fingers a little glowing bird is fluttering in front of you, in the space the light had been

When you look between your fingers a little glowing bird is fluttering in front of you, in the space the light had been. You lower your hands just as the bird's beak open and it begins to sing. 

                                                  " Sweet Soul, born pure and noble through and through.

                                                     Covered in darkness and stain follow our path to wipe it away.

                                                      For destiny await in places we least expect it.

                                                       and Curses can break, shatter and defeated. " 

At the end of its song the bird begins to fly away only to pause and look back to you as if expecting you to follow. 

                                                                                    Do you?