18

Suddenly, Ban and I were starting to get the upper hand, it seemed my idea was successful. I noticed even Zeldris went in with them, I figured it had to do with what happened. We continued fighting, the rest of the Sins and Zel joined in when they came back out as well. It went on for what felt like forever when Ban, the Demon King, and I were caught in Diane's diamond tower. It was enough that it knocked me out of Savage Mode, the three of us dangling on the tower when I noticed Meliodas was back to himself. I scowled at his remorseful face then huffed and smiled softly at him. Zeldris helped me down and stumble over to his brother. "Aella, I-" he started but couldn't finish as I sucker punched him in the mouth. "I know you didn't have your emotions but fuck you! You deserved that and I-" I shouted then started sobbing and hugged him tightly, making the tears in his eyes cascade over his cheeks as well. "I'm so sorry, Aella, I never would've done anything like that with my emotions and I know it doesn't excuse it but I'm just so sorry," he sobbed on my shoulder. I squeezed him tighter, "Just break our goddamn curses so we can leave this all behind," I choked out. He nodded and sniffled, "Alright, let's get to it," he agreed. We watched in disgusted awe at the sight of the 3 curses that Merlin made visual. It was like a strange wave of relief and freedom washed over me once Meliodas destroyed my curse, I started crying happy tears and jumped into Zeldris' arms. We were a giggling happy mess, Meliodas was smiling softly as he watched us, "I never meant to hurt anyone, especially you, Elizabeth. I hope you can forgive me," he murmured as she interlaced her fingers with his. "I love you, Meliodas. I know you wouldn't have done any of the actions you did if you'd had your emotions and as for the love you feel for Aella...I understand. Being by someone's side for so long, it'd be difficult to feel another way when you depended on them. I still love you and I still want to be with you, if you'll have me," she explained in her quiet voice. Meliodas started crying again and hugged her tightly, "You're the only one I want, Elizabeth. This entire 3000 year long journey has been for you."

-6 months later-
"I can't believe they let a demon like you be the king of a human kingdom," I giggled and grinned at my best friend as we sat outside drinking after his wedding. "Bartra was always good to me, so if the people let it happen, why not?" he giggled and grinned back. I'd wanted to beat the shit out of him when he reclaimed his body but I couldn't bring myself to do it. He didn't have his emotions, nothing like that would've happened had it not been for that. Each of us acknowledged that we had feelings for the other but that they were from the sheer amount of dependence we had on the other for the last three millennia and we didn't want to be together. We wanted our true loves, Zeldris and Elizabeth. "How do you feel about being the new Demon Queen?" he asked after we passed a bottle of wine back and forth for a bit. "I'm not sure what to expect but I know Zeldris is going to be an amazing Demon King. And I can't wait to make home somewhere I actually want to live, somewhere peaceful," I replied thoughtfully. He smiled to himself, he was happy Zel and I had finally gotten together. We turned simultaneously when we felt Zeldris walk onto the balcony, "Aella, are you ready to go home?" he grinned and asked, his hand out to help me stand. I grinned back, "Britannia is nice but I can't wait to see the demon realm again. I didn't think I'd miss it but I do." Despite being embarrassed with his brother present, Zeldris pulled me close to him and kissed my lips softly, "Let's go rule the realm now."