7

He let me down and I got dressed before giving him a tender kiss on the lips. "I have to go now," I announced quietly. He looked confused, "What? Why?" he asked incredulously. "Just because I finally realized my feelings for you...that doesn't mean I agree with you about revenge against Britannia. I'm not just going to let you and the Ten Commandments take over or kill anyone and I won't let you kill Meliodas either," I told him. He frowned and was about to speak but I cut him off, "Please don't. Please don't use my curse against me to hurt him. He's been by my side for 3000 years, Zeldris. I would've gone insane without his company...so please...don't make me hurt my best friend..." I begged him through tears. He was taken aback and didn't know what to say, but he knew he didn't want me to leave. He grabbed my hand, "Aella. You left me once before...I know it was under different circumstances but...I missed you..."

My hearts ached as I looked into his big sad green eyes. "Come with me then...there's no need to take over Britannia...you don't have to fight, we don't need to kill each other for no reason!" I pleaded with him. He looked torn, as if he was considering my proposal but he eventually shook his head, "I can't, Aella...I'm sorry...I can't forgive them..." Tears fell down my cheeks as I held his face in my hands and kissed his lips one last time before I left, "I'm sorry...I just can't do it. I can't watch you destroy the place I've lived in for so long. I won't let them hurt you...but I won't let you hurt them either...I'll see you again soon I hope. I love you, Zel," I choked out through my tears. He grabbed my wrist and held on tight but I'd always been stronger than him, easily tearing myself away. "This is only going to make me hate him more, Aella...you know that right? If it weren't for him...I don't think you'd leave me right now..." his voice was cold and dark, I could feel his hatred for Meliodas in that moment.

I took a few steps before he spoke up again, "Tell him something for me: Since it's his fault that you're leaving me right now...I'm gonna take her from him," he spat out. I gritted my teeth and clenched my fists...he wasn't going to force me to stay but he would force me to threaten his brother for him. I flew away quickly after that, I didn't want him to force me to say anything else to Meliodas, I was already hurting from what he said as is. I heard an explosion behind me, he'd destroyed some of the trees around him in frustration. I knew I'd just hurt him as well, but I couldn't go back to do the Demon King's bidding...even for him. I got back to the Boar Hat faster than I thought I would, I was exhausted. I thought I would've even outpaced Zeldris at that point. I wanted to curl up in bed and cry into a pillow. I snuck in through the window, it didn't seem like anyone was awake so I thought I wouldn't have to deal with Meliodas until the morning. I was wrong. He was sitting in the corner of my room with his creepy blank stare.

"You went to see him again, didn't you?" his voice was as cold as Zeldris' right before I left. "No. Just clearing my head," I lied to him. He got up and grabbed my wrist, "Don't lie to me, Aella. I can sense him on you. Hell, I can smell him on you, meaning I know exactly what you did. Why are you trying to lie to me?" he asked angrily. I scowled at him, "I'm sorry, okay! I didn't mean to, I just flew in a random direction and he grabbed me out of the sky!" He stared into my orange eyes with his black ones, he was irate with me, but he could tell I wasn't lying this time. "Mel...he knows...he knows I'll do whatever he says..." I let out a sob. "Then why did he let you leave? Why not make you stay?" he asked quietly, confused. I shook my head, "I don't know...but he..." My eyes glowed a brighter orange as I tried to hold it in, I didn't want to tell him. "Just say it. I know it hurts you to disobey," he muttered angrily.

"He wanted me to tell you that since it's your fault I was leaving him...he's going to take her from you..." I whispered sadly, my hearts ached at how much hatred he had for Meliodas in that moment. My best friend's face went back to that blank stare and I knew he was seething internally. "Stay away from him. He's going to use you, Aella. He'll force you to hurt those around you. He'll use you as a weapon. You're the strongest one in Britannia right now besides Escanor. I don't know if you've noticed but my power was stolen from me ten years ago. If he finds that out and you go to him again...I can't stop you when he makes you do things you don't want to," his voice was emotionless and cold, making me shiver. But his words made me angry. "No! He wouldn't do that, he wouldn't use me! He loves me!" I insisted, crying yet again.