Andrew grins. "Hey."

I offer a flat smile, quickly cutting my eyes to Hero.

He stands frozen, glaring this way with a scowling Scarlett beside him.

She says something to him, but he isn't listening, and after a moment, I have her attention too.

Slowly, a nasty smirk forms on her bitchy little face.

She steps toward the rolling speaker to press pause and drags it to the center of the room.

"Everyone, gather in the center and sit," she instructs, quickly adding, "Josephine, stay standing if you would."

I force a blank stare but I do as she instructs, stepping forward a few feet and slightly to the left.

"Why don't you ditch the sweater." She lowers to her knees.

Slowly, I untie the hoodie from around my waist and toss it toward her, leaving me in my stretchy workout shorts and sports bra.

"Everyone, Josephine is going to perform the full routine, on her own, for you so you can have a good idea of what we'll be doing Friday night."

I run my tongue over my teeth, squaring my shoulders in preparation.

I don't know what she's thinking, I have no reservations about performing for people. I'd dance in front of the President if he asked me to and not bat a damn lash.

I know what I'm capable of.

She presses play and I do exactly as she asks, not missing a damn beat.

She doesn't look so smug when the music stops and everyone cheers.

"Again," she snaps as she sits back, and I move into position once more, my muscles locking when she calls out, "Andrew. Run through the first part with her."

Is she joking?

Andrew steps up with no hesitation whatsoever, planting his chest to my back, but I jerk away, unease twisting in my gut.

I whip around, glaring at her. "I'm not doing this."

"Excuse me?" Scarlett barks.

"I said I'm not doing this."

She crosses her arms, gauging me.

I look at Hero, but he's blocked from my view when Andrew slides over, reaches out and grips my hips roughly. "Come on, just do what she asked."

I don't even have time to peel his filthy hands off me when Andrew is suddenly tackled to the ground, causing me to fall as well.

Everyone shouts, scooting back.

"Hero!" Scarlett screams. "Enough!"

Her shrill cries do nothing to derail him.

Hero jolts to his feet, towering over Andrew, and serving him with a swift kick to the side.

Andrew grunts, rolling over as Felix hurdles forward, driving Hero back to stop this from getting any worse.

"Get the fuck off me!" Hero throws his hands up, knocking Felix's away with disgust.

Raw grief is written across Felix's face, so clear I know Hero sees it, too, but he refuses to acknowledge it, and jumps in his face, clearly ready to shout something else, but suddenly he looks at me.

I swallow past the sudden ache in my throat.

His nostrils flare, his chin lowering, and I'd swear he's shaking.