『20』| 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙰𝙽𝙲𝙷𝙾𝚁'𝚂 𝙱𝙾𝚆

Start from the beginning

"Look Max. I don't want you to think that what happened with Sage, the whole deal, was to turn against you in anyway. Because it wasn't." Jace intervened, rubbing the spot between his eyebrows firmly. He was clearly in distress. "I'm sorry, man. But we weren't picking or choosing sides. I read all about Dixie Ryder in the papers, and hey if she loves him. If she loves Harry, would it be such a crime that we reunited them. And plus, Sage might seem intimidating, but her and her whole crew mean well, alright? Just give them a chance, and hear them out.

Max sighed. "No, I suppose not. But we don't know what these protestors want. We're going to find out, so plan PB&J is out. We're gonna ride this out, Harry, and we're not going to plan a damn escape. If it's your ego you're so piss scared about getting crushed, we're not going to take initiative on dick-o'-clock."

Harry scoffed, and he seemed quite bruised by what Max had to say. I observed this entirety, and it had been more than clear. Harry's ego was engorged, utterly. And the only way to keep him on his feet was Max telling him straight.

"I totally knew he'd do that eventually." I smiled proudly, crossing my arms. "And you know what, I think Max is right. We're a team right? If Harry calls the shots, so can we. It's what he taught us to do all this time."

"Yeah." Ace and Vera said in unison, as they both glanced at each other before back at Harry.

"And you've all passed the very test." Harry motioned with his hands, chuckling. There were tears in his eyes from how proud he had been. Of all of us. The glimmering sun made his tears glisten. "You were all bound to learn this eventually, and I knew it the moment I came across each and every one of you. Neither was I going to  materialize this or bring forth anymore pressure, but hey, getting out of that bank was a huge accomplishment for the lot of you all. It's about time you know, that if you ever think I'm not in the place to call the shots, any of your brilliant ideas are worth the spark of interest; just as mine are."

Vera laughed, sentimental tears welling in her eyes as well. "Of course we've got a spark or two you could use. Oh, I'm kidding. Of course we've got your back, Harry."

"Yeah, man. I appreciate you for knowing we've all got what it takes to call the shots. Really, man. I think that... We truly all got what it takes. To save each other, to carry each other home." Ace agreed.

Max was in tears as well, chuckling as Harry took him into the biggest hug. They had both been crying now, in the most hysterical yet brotherly tears. My lower lip trembled as I smiled softly, a single tear streaming down my cheek.

"Now we save Dixie Ryder." Harry said. "Everyone on board?"

"Out of the question. Velvetina mafia takes the backseat. Jace gets the driver seat."

"Just... Take her easy, alright? The mystery machine."

"Never took you as the Scooby Doo fan, man."

"Well, now you know." Max chuckled.

As for Dixie, reuniting with her was... Something that could either go really well or fucking terrible. Things between her and I weren't always peachy keen, not since she found out about Harry and I kissing during the escape plan, post-heist. At the end of the day, Mafia code had to be respected despite feening over Harry. Things had to be for the Mafia, and it had to stay that way. Of course at the end of the day, I knew what Dixie and Harry had was something deep, it was this love on fire that couldn't be penultimate. As much as what Harry and I had was fun on the run, reveling in this sensual bliss, I truly couldn't see where it would go with him besides well, there. In the sensuality of things. At the end of the day, I sure as hell wasn't going to let sex get in the way of what this responsibility was going to be. I wasn't going to let a man trample over my self esteem either. We agreed a long time ago that what we had was what it was; only sex. If it ever got personal, Lord only knows what'd happen. Though this was deep in the subconscious, I'd presume that Harry and I had this understanding mutually that if we move on with another person, then we do.

As for Clementine, I couldn't help but wonder where things would go with her. I hoped and yearned to get back to her top floor apartment above the flower shop again in time.

"Harry?" I mused as soon as we got comfy in the backseat and Jace had started driving.

"Yeah?" He asked, glancing at me.

"You were my greatest mistake." I whispered in his ear so only he could hear.

"I agree. And as you were mine." He whispered back into my ear. "Maybe that's just the way things ought to be."

"I think I'm going to keep her." I said honestly. "I'm going to tell her when we stop by Clementine's."

"You promise?" Harry said, tears welling in his eyes.

"I promise." I nodded. He then took me into the biggest embrace, grasping me tightly.

I then take his hand, squeezing it reassuringly. We held hands the whole way over.

[[ DIXIE. ]]

It felt like time was slipping away, the bouts of hours that had gone by were the very discernment to this sinking and waiting. I couldn't even wrap my head around what Sage willed to do once Harry and the others got here, but it seemed like all she wanted to do was have a serious talk. Even that, I couldn't get myself to think about. All I could think of was seeing him again, feeling him in my arms. A few of the protestors paced in the empty warehouse, including Sage.

"Nervous?" She inquired.

"Not at all. Unhinged would be the right word I think." The guy with shaggy brown hair replied, smirking.

"I mean who wouldn't be a little nervous. These fiends aren't just any ordinary ones you run into on a daily basis. They robbed a bank, just to give back to the community. Intimidating if you ask me." A girl with big brown eyes stated, wiping the nervous sweat dripping from her silky dark skin.

"Tactful, perhaps." A red headed girl then replied.

"Nonsense." Sage said reluctantly.

"They're good people. With good hearts; hearts of gold." I was quick to their defense.

"Oh and we aren't? That's really low of you to assume."

"I never said that." I held a finger up. "Now what is it you stand for?" I asked.

"We'll be the judge of that." I hear a sultry and voice like dripping honey say with power, and I knew immediately who it was. It was Vera, entering the warehouse with the others following closely behind her.

__________________________