『3』| 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙱𝙴𝙽𝙴𝙵𝙸𝚃 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙳𝙾𝚄𝙱𝚃

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
SECOND
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
CHAPTER
THREE
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
BENEFIT
OF THE
DOUBT
*:・゚*:・゚

|______________________________|

[[ ACE. ]]

I'm in the middle of rocking my seat back and forth, when Carmen jutted her elbow into my side to interrupt the song with heavy guitars playing through my headphones. I tugged them off, glancing at her with a raised eyebrow. "Yes?"

"Would you stop rocking in your seat back and forth, it's making me fucking nervous, alright?" She scoffed, rolling her eyes as she sunk in her seat in annoyance.

"Believe me, it isn't my seat rocking. You're just a wimp about flying on airplanes." I snickered.

"Am not."

"Are too. You've barely looked out the window this entire plane ride." I teased the aloof curly haired girl.

"Whatever, Ace. There's a difference between just wanting to get off this fucking plane and having a fear of flying."

"Well, on the brighter side, at least we'll be seeing everyone."

"And Harry's positive this place is so safe?" She wondered.

"Steers the cops right clear as Harry said, just as long as we've all got our phones off and no outer calls go through in hindsight then we should be alright until we've got the next move mapped out."

"The next move. When we thought this'd all be over. You can stomach that?" She sourly said, scrunching her nose in disgust, her fierce gaze fixating on me.

"If it means we get to live this free for the rest of this lifetime, I'd deal with it."

"Definitely, but freedom at what cost? Going on the run in broad daylight?"

"Don't be ridiculous, the world's our fucking oyster. Think of it this way—"

Our conversation was interrupted by the sound of the gentle bell echoing from the speaker above us. "Attention all passengers of Flight F-480, please fasten your seatbelts as our pilots will safely initiate our landing in approximately eight minutes. This premium flight and the delicacies and beverages provided are brought to you by Starlight Security, a state of the art security company reached as quick as a tap on your phone screen. And here we present to you, making her first debut launch, the CEO's first and only daughter Ivy Jupiter; America's sweetheart and the face of Starlight, with a promise to the future. Enjoy the rest of your flight." The flight attendant voiced with a delicate tone of speak.

The electronic televisions mounted on the back of everyone's seats and slightly above the clock on the wall by the cockpit had been lit up in technicolor, Starlight Security fading into the screen in formal minimalist font. "The safest you'll ever feel, is at the power of your fingertips." A girl with kind doe eyes and long brown hair said, folding her hands together as she smiled, swinging from side to side. "Finding it hard to keep the kids off the dark corners of the interweb? You'll find it seamless with our childblock featured systemic device delivered right to the front step of your door. It's got bluetooth, my favorite feature, and our customers most valued feature." She grinned in what looked to be genuine excitement, a clip of the electronic transitioning into the advertisement with the sound of twinkling sparkles.