『10』| 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚂𝙼𝙸𝚃𝙷𝙴𝚁𝙴𝙴𝙽𝚂

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
SECOND
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
CHAPTER
TEN
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
SMITHEREENS
*:・゚*:・゚

|_________________________|

[[ NOW ]]

[[ DIXIE. ]]

Tonight meant feeling alive, more so that we survived. I felt like a new person, strutting the sidewalk with blue extensions on. As much as we wanted to spend the rest of our days getting Ivy Jupiter to talk in the comfort of Clementine's apartment, she had, but she merely scraped the surface that Harry grew frustrated. He was certain of it—there was something she hadn't been saying. Either she was knocked into silence by the guilt that consumed her, or playing time as we know it. Harry was familiar of each motive quite adequately, so he insisted that if she wasn't going to speak the truth she stay locked in the second floor of Clem's flower shop.

And so Vera had an idea that sparked that a night out to one of her favorite underground clubs would serve them all just right. Of course granted by fairy-godmother-like Clementine with the exchange of paid off ads for the flower shop in the heart of the heart shaped city itself abided to teenager-sitting Ivy for the rest of the night out.

Harry walked by my side as I looked up at the boy in a floral silk button up. Smiling, I then interlaced our fingers.

"Ease up, alright? We're here to have fun."

"Yeah, it should be. It's this sole motive of Vera's that expelling any inner demons we've got should be done the right way."

"Charming." I slightly brooded.

"Drinks on me." Vera chimed in as we all collectively cheered her on, Max wrapping his arms around her as he playfully set his head on top of hers.

"Awesome." I exhaled as we stopped in front of a door that lit up neon green.

"Ah, Descendant Vine. Haven't been to this underground club since the library days. Huh, Harry?" Carmen perked.

Harry's eyes fixated on her. She stared up at the glowing neon letters in times new roman above the door for a moment that I found it absurd. I furrowed my eyebrows for a moment before I brushed the feeling of trickling jealousy within my subconscious mind.

"Couldn't possibly forget, Stevens." He chuckled arrogantly as I rolled my eyes, dropping his hand. I didn't want to admit it myself, but I had been brushing it off this entirety. Harry, with every right, self-glorified himself. Though to an extent, had met my frustrated ends.

"Hey, wait up love." He called after me as I rushed through the open door and down the flight of black painted stairs. "What's wrong?"

"I... Harry." I sighed while my stare fixated on his frown.

"Tell me." He urged in a soft voice that it was barely audible over the trap song playing down the next flight of stairs.

The others piled down the stairs before us, though Carmen had lingered by the end of the staircase we stood at. She had to be hesitant to walk away. "Is everything alright?"