『9』| 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚂𝙷𝙾𝚁𝙴𝙻𝙸𝙽𝙴 𝙼𝙰𝙵𝙸𝙰

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
SECOND
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
CHAPTER
NINE
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
SHORELINE
MAFIA
*:・゚*:・゚

|______________________|

[[ 12 DAYS AFTER D-DAY ]]

[[ HARRY. ]]

I sat on a wooden stool, as I gazed up at the ceiling that echoed a drip of water inside the dimmed warehouse. This, was the place I had known to by my safe haven after the getaway the team and I pulled; after the girl I fell in love with, dropped to the grains of sand bloodied. Also known to be the last moment I was in her presence. Was I going to ever see her again?

"Harry?" Carmen called from the bracketed room on the other side.

I hadn't responded, absolutely drained from the life in me. I had rarely spoke within these twelve days since we had gotten away, a nod or two if I were to be completely honest. Zayn said he knew of a safe place we could land until we decided our next move, though what I couldn't come to admit to the team was that I had no idea, no lead. It was mostly the anticipation of what the civilians would think of us when the truth had gotten out about the body dropped in the lobby by one of our own, Ace Heller. I'm sure it had been something we had all anticipated.

"Harry, I know you hear me." She said again persistently, storming over to me as she had roughly shoved me by the shoulder. "We're on the last can of fucking lima beans, and the last few tin cans of water in this place. Is there anything you've got to say about that?"

"No." I finally said after a moment of tense silence. It was the first word I had spoke within twelve days, and though it had been of no help, I couldn't find the fire that had been aflame within me.

"You listen to me." Carmen spoke through gritted teeth, gripping me by my collared shirt violently. "I'm not going to live under these conditions. I am not. I didn't agree to this, neither did you have a forecast on how this'd be when we all joined you with this plan."

"It's my fault Carmen. It's all my fault. Is that what you want to hear? It's my fucking fault." I spoke grimly, my sour gaze meeting hers.

Before I could say anything else, her fist sharply collided with my cheekbone, as I had turned the cheek. My fingers brushed my bloodied lip as I looked down at my fingertips then back to her. Tears brimmed her eyes as she stared at me distraught and disgusted.

"Ow." She had then whispered under her breath, shaking her hand off before she recollected herself, exhaling shakily.

"Thank you. For that one." I said wearily, nodding as I recollected myself.

"We are not going to stay in this rusted, abandoned warehouse any longer. Look, Vera, Max, and Ace probably have every right to trust you've got a plan, but I don't. You haven't given us anything for the past twelve days and I'm not going to stay a thirteenth in this fucking hell hole. I haven't seen the sun in days."

"I told you already. We are not going to go out there, not until Ace is cleared."

"You've trusted the critics before, what is it you're so afraid of? Exploitation? You're just a fucking coward. You know that?"