Chapter XXIII

Scarlet's POV~

It was about halfway throughout the day when Brody finally came home. I had been waiting for him since I got back from Tayan's house, but he never came back. I assume he was with his girlfriend, my friend, Mae. I walked downstairs to greet him, and he totally ignored me. He walked right past me like I wasn't even there.

"Hey, Brody." I yelled, making him turn around.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"I want to talk to you." I said, crossing my arms.

"What about?" He asked.

"Your memories." I said, walking closer to him.

"Uh-huh, and what are you going to do about my memories?" He asked, raising a brow.

"I want to find out what happened in the week you were gone." I said, taking his hand. I dragged him to the kitchen and sat him down in a chair. He started to twirl around in it, looking like a kid. "Could you stop that?" I asked.

"Stop what?" He asked.

"Stop spinning in the chair and pay attention to my finger." I said, waving my finger in his face.

"Why?" He whined.

"Because I said so." I said, making him sit still.

"This is stupid." He said, complaining more.

"Are you high?" I asked, shining a low flashlight in his eyes.

"I don't know, am I?" He asked, smiling.

"Yes, I think you are." I said.

"Okay, you caught me." He said, almost falling out of the chair.

"Now, at least it'll be easier." I said, holding him still.

"What will be easier?" He asked, smiling.

"Nothing, just be still." I said, holding the grimoire.

"Why do you have that?" He asked, pointing to the book.

"Because it's mine." I said, hiding what the page said. I started the spell. Brody's eyes rolled back into his head. He was lifted into the air. Once the spell had concluded, Brody fell back into the chair, completely passed out. I ended up having to carry him to bed and covered him up. I went to my own room, immediately falling asleep once I hit the mattress.

_______________________________________

☆In the morning☆

Brody's POV~

I woke up with a splitting headache. I don't even remember getting into my own bed. The last thing I remember was being at my girlfriends house, and then I think I might've blacked out. I went downstairs, made coffee, and looked out the window. Scarlet walked in, and she just stared at me.

"You want something?" I asked, putting down my cup of coffee.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" She asked.

"Nope, not a single thing." I said. Scarlet started to chant some words, and then my memories came back almost immediately.

"Hey, what was that?" I asked.

"It was a spell." She said, walking over to me.

"What kind of spell?" I asked, picking up my coffee.

"Memory spell, last night I tried to return your memories from that missing week." She said, grabbing her own cup of coffee.