~.* Chapter Forty-Three: Ancient Lovers *.~

Start from the beginning

...

A blinding light appeared in front of you from where Zeke and Eren med and you saw a centipede-like figure come out of Eren's neck, connecting it to his severed head in Zeke's hand. The whole district started to shake and the walls shattered into pieces as Eren's Titan roar nearly deafened you. Reiner kicked you off hard and started running towards the girl that was stranded next to the wall.

You didn't go after him, of course, and instead looked around for Jean and Connie. You hoped that they were able to avoid getting crushed by the flying pieces of the wall.

"[Name]! Get out of your Titan form!" you hear from one of the rooftops, seeing Connie and Jean safe and sound, along with Falco. Not wasting any time, you crouched your Titan down on the floor before you realized that Bianca wasn't nearby.

No, you shouldn't be worried about her right now.

As you rose from your Titan's nape, you looked up to see a boulder flying toward you. You quickly freed yourself from the flesh of your Titan, flying toward your two nearby comrades. The chaos around you was so loud that you couldn't hear anything Connie and Jean were saying. All you could do was stare up at the big bony Titan that was overwhelming to see.

"The shit's gigantic..." Connie gasped.

"Eren's still on our side!" you stated with relief in your voice. "He's gonna crush the global alliance with the Titans here!"

Jean cupped his ear towards you, "The hell did you say? Say it louder!"

"EREN IS STILL ON OUR SIDE!"

"Wait!" Connie shouted as he glanced back at Wall Maria, which was no longer composed. "What the hell?! Even Wall Maria's gone! Does he need that many Titans?!" he pointed a finger, making you and Jean look over.

Your relief quickly shifted to pure confusion at Connie's point. Shiganshina's walls would've been just enough to defeat the global alliance, but Eren took down all the walls. Wall Maria, Rose, and Sina were all gone and all the Titans were to trample the world.

"Hear me. Subjects of Ymir."

In a blink of an eye, you saw yourself in the familiar dark blue space full of sand. After you blinked again, you found yourself back on the rooftop.

"Was that Eren?" you mutter to yourself as you looked around. The place blinked back into the Paths.

"My name is Eren Jaeger. I'm addressing my fellow Subjects of Ymir. Speaking to you directly through the power of the Founder. All the walls on the island of Paradis have crumbled to the ground. The legions of Titans buried within have begun their march. My only goal is to protect the lives of the people of Paradis, the island where I was born. Right now, the nations of the world are united in their desire to exterminate my people, and it won't end with our island. They won't be satisfied until every last Subject of Ymir is dead. I won't let them have their way. The Titans of the Walls will continue their march until every trace of life beyond our shores is trampled flat, and the people of Paradis are all that remains of humanity."

The tears brimming at the edges of your eyes trickled down your cheek as you heard his voice speak to you. You couldn't tell if you were scared, sad, or both as you wiped them.