Chapter Six

Evelyn's P.O.V

I sighed as I walked back over to Oliver and we linked arms. Alice smiled sadly at us before she dragged Josephine with her to meet the rest of her family. Oliver kissed the top of my head as we walked over to them. Everyone besides Jasper looked up at us. I wondered why he looked like he was in pain. Why he looked so sad. I frowned. He needs to know Elizabeth is alive. He needs to know that she has also been in pain because she thought he was dead. He needs to know everything she has been through up until now.

"Guy's! This is my mate and her family. This is Josephine, Michelle her older sister by blood, her mate Philip, Oliver and his mate Evelyn." Alice said while pointing to all of us.

When my name was said, Jasper's head shot up. His eyes widened. I smiled at him sadly. He got up and tightly hugged me. I hugged him back just as tightly. Jasper was always an older brother figure to me so when I heard that him and Lizzy were getting married, I was so happy. Jasper always protected me even if I didn't need it. He would scare boys away as Lizzy would lecture him. They truly were the perfect couple. He let go and smiled at me. Then he frowned. I knew exactly what he wanted to know.

"Why don't me and you go talk. You probably have so many questions and as do I but this is not a place to talk." I said before he nodded. As we were leaving, I felt a hand grab mine. I turned to see Oliver looking at me pleadingly. "I'll be alright. Jasper won't hurt me, he's like a brother. I would let you come too love but this is between me and him. Stay with Jose alright."

After I said that he let go but not before giving me a short sweet kiss on the lips. I smiled and followed Jasper out to what I assumed was his car. We got in and he drove off to, well I don't exactly know but I'll find out soon. It was around a twenty minute drive, maybe less with Jasper's speeding, when we arrived to a house. I saw Lizzy's bike and knew she was probably talking to the coven leader. Jasper looked at her bike confused. He got out of the car and raced over to my side, opening my door. I smiled as a thanks before we walked in. Jasper stiffened before he started walking faster. We walked into what I assumed was a family room and saw Lizzy talking with a woman.

Jasper froze as Lizzy's eyes widened. The woman looked at them confused. After a second, Lizzy got up and Jasper brought her into a tight hug. I smiled as the woman guided me out to give them some privacy. I hoped Elizabeth will tell him what she's been up to all these years. I mean they are mates after all.

At the Beginning of That Day

Jasper's P.O.V

I was in my room, reading one of the many books I had. It was almost time to leave for school. I sighed as I closed my book and got ready for the day. Alice couldn't stop talking about this day since she got the vision. Today, we were going to meet our mates. They were also vampires, which was a plus but I didn't want a mate. I already had my soulmate and she just barely slipped through my fingers. If only I was able to protect her. If only I was there for her. My darlin' Lizzy. No one would compare to her. I still have her necklace on to this day. I promised that I wouldn't take it off until I saw her again. I have yet to break that promise. I still have all her drawins and her letters she left me. I also have the letter Cauis left her. Once I was turned I figured out what he meant in the letter and later figured out who he was. I kept her stuff safe in a wooden box that I had made. I carved an E into it so I would never forget what that box was. Ever since I found out she died, I've just been in pain. I miss her and no one will ever understand the kinda love we had. No one in my family knows who she is and never will until I die.