Chapter 29 - Love, Loss, and the Power of Family

Начните с самого начала

Suddenly, the room shakes and a gust of wind knocks the maps and grimoires off the desk as the blood turns black and becomes unusable. I growl out in anger and frustration as I push the rest of the grimoires and maps off the table.

I sit all the way back in the chair, throwing my head back as huff out, running my hand over my face.

I let out a deep sigh and close my eyes, trying to calm myself down. I thought this spell would have been the one that would locate her but once again it has led me to nowhere but failure.

But finding Rebekah was important, and I wasn't going to give up that easily.

I lean down and start gathering the scattered books and maps when I notice something slip out of one of the grimoire.

A picture that I had forgotten existed.

It was a picture that Delilah had insisted on taking and both Klaus and Elijah had gone along with it. 

It is of me, Klaus and Elijah at the Mikaelson ball. I am looking unsure while both Klaus and Elijah look their polished selves.

I stare down at the picture for a moment, feeling a pang of longing for the time when things were simpler. When we were all together, happy and carefree, before everything went to hell.

I stare at the picture for a few seconds, my eyes taking in every detail of the three of us. Klaus's arm was draped around my waist as he holds me tightly, while Elijah is tucked closely behind me with his hand resting on the other hip.

It seems like a lifetime ago now.

I hear footsteps walk into the room and I tuck the picture back into the book, putting it down before I speak, "What part of I don't want to be disturbed wasn't clear?"

"I heard you were looking for me but it seems you don't want to be bothered." A feminine voice says and my head snaps up.

I see a woman I don't recognise so I make sure to keep distance between me and her.

"C'mon I know I have changed a little but I'm still the same Rebekah you know and love." She says with a grin on her face.

I stare at her for a few moments, trying to process the fact that she's standing right in front of me.

"Rebekah?" I say, my voice coming out as a whisper, "How... How are you here?"

Rebekah laughs with a smile, "You absolutely will not believe the week I've had."

I can't help but feel a sense of relief wash over me as I realize that Rebekah has finally returned home. I abandon my books and maps, vamping over to her and pull her into a hug.

 I abandon my books and maps, vamping over to her and pull her into a hug

"There's not much to discuss, Elijah. She said she was Freya, and then she darted off into the night." Rebekah sighs out as she pace anxiously in front of me.