8:00 am

8:00 am

You weren't sure why you agreed with your 'mother' to get ready for school, but you felt as if you had no choice. Like your body was moving on its own and you were nothing but a vessel.

You bathed, brushed your teeth, and got dressed in a school uniform you found in the closet. Upon checking yourself in the mirror, you uncovered something alarming, any curvature and pudge that you possessed was gone, and you were painfully thin. You looked frail, so skinny that your ribs poked out and the outline of your bones was just visible. But surprisingly, you weren't pale and felt fine. Just more susceptible to the cold. 

Maybe it hadn't just been one night if you lost this much weight, you have to have been asleep for days, maybe weeks without food. But it seemed impossible. 

"Hurry up, ___! You're gonna be late, it's your first day. Don't got all goddamn day..huh!"

"Okay, mom.."

You uttered, reflecting on the events that occurred. You were in your room, on your phone. You fell asleep and woke up in a luxurious house with a woman who claimed to be your mother. Upon further examination, you noticed that yes, you looked the same, but your facial features looked enhanced. Any scars, blemishes, or discoloration you had on your face, and even your body had disappeared. 

You tugged on the uniform, it was too tight around your waist, arms, and chest. And the skirt suffocated your backside. 

"Oh, God.." 

You sniffed, snatching a bag off of the door hook. The bag wasn't completely closed, pink journal peeked out. '___'s diary ♡' was plastered on the front. It was an expensive-looking thing. You'd have a look at that later. 

You exited the room, taking the time to make your way downstairs. You almost got lost with the amount of twists and turns. 

"Jessica is here! Come down, baby!"

Your other mother hollered as you hobbled down the tall steps. You reached the kitchen, immediately choked by an unbearable floral fragrance. You couldn't mask your perplexed expression. The teenage girl, Jessica, stood with a wide toothy grin. It looked painful, how wide it was. She spoke to your other mother. 

"Ah, ___! C'mon, we stop at Starbucks, bye Ms. Silverstone!"

"Dear, you can call me Veronica." 

Your other mother let out an exasperated chuckle, watching the pair of you leave. She placed her hand on your shoulder, whispering into your ear.

"You and I both know Starbucks is the last thing you need right now. You're gaining, sweetie." 

You hummed, tensing at the feeling of her long nails digging into your bony shoulder. Jessica came to your rescue, pulling you out of the house of horrors. She scoffed.

"I hate that bitch. Girl, did you eat today? I have a little something for you, you need it." 

You were caught off guard, still confused about who these people were. You shook your head, delighted to see Jessica pull a breakfast bar out of her skirt pocket. 

"Don't listen to her, you need to be skin and bone to be a supermodel, face card never declines."

Jessica drove you to school, and damn

Jessica drove you to school, and damn. It was some preppy school that only wealthy kids could get into. You weren't poor, but you definitely weren't rich. So how were you here right now? 

"I heard we gotta new student comin', I think her names, Dawn Priestly." 

You stopped in your tracks. That name wasn't just a random name, it was the name of the main character from that Wattpad book. It all clicked the, last name, Silverstone and Jessica. There was no way you were unfortunate enough to have to fill the role of some knock-off Karen Smith. And Dawn was gonna be a problem.