Maybe it's because they stayed together for too long, or maybe it's because of the monster nature, Li Ruan is very sensitive to Jiang Shen's emotional changes. He turned his head and patted Jiang Shen's trouser leg with his little paw: "What's the matter?"

"It's nothing." Jiang Shen threw the letter he had read into the fire, "Someone wants to meet me.

" Ruan asked suspiciously, "Didn't you let someone pretend to be you and go to the south?"

Last summer, the current emperor ordered Jiang Shen to go south for disaster relief.

The disaster relief should have ended in late autumn, but the Holy Majesty did not intend to let Jiang Shen return to Beijing. Instead, he ordered him to stay in the south of the Yangtze River for a longer period of time to understand people's livelihood and supervise officials.

Jiang Shen knew why the Holy Majesty did this.

If he wants to inherit the throne, he must never lose the hearts of the people, and parade is the best way to improve the hearts of the people. Therefore, this is also a trial. When Jiang Shen was recalled to the capital by a fake secret letter, it was when he was on the southern tour. Therefore, the fake body he arranged has now replaced him and went on a tour south. Jiang Shen said: "The person who invited me will go to Jiangnan in the next few days." He was the governor of Huguang who just took office, and Jiang Shen met him a few times when he was in the capital, but they were not very close.

Of course, if he took advantage of his status to collude with local officials on a parade to search for the people's fat and anointing, first, he would lose the support of the people, and second, the Holy Majesty might have to reconsider the position of the crown prince.

This person is Tanhualang from a few years ago, who was previously affiliated to the Ministry of Household Affairs. When he first entered the court, there were officials in the prince's faction who wanted to win him over.

But it didn't work out.

This person is now promoted to governor of Huguang, but for some reason, he suddenly thought of showing Jiang Shen a favor, and sent him a letter asking about his current residence, wanting to visit him face to face.

But before the letter was sent out of the capital, it was intercepted and delivered to Jiang Shen.

"If you don't know each other well, it doesn't matter if you meet each other?" Li Ruan said.

"How can it be so simple?" Jiang Shen finished burning the letter, and the sweet potatoes under the fire were almost roasted. He took it out to cool, handed one to the little fox, and said, "This is testing me."

The heat of the roasted sweet potato was just right, it was still steaming when it was broken open, and it was soft and sweet after one bite.

Li Ruan gnawed, and asked him: "Why is it a temptation?"

Before meeting Jiang Shen, Li Ruan never knew that the world of mortals was so wonderful. What intrigue, what infighting, it sounds like telling a story. When he was free these days, Li Ruan would pester Jiang Shen to tell him about the affairs of the court.

Although sometimes I can't understand it, but it's still enjoyable to listen to.

Li Ruan always felt that if he listened to these stories more, maybe he could become smarter.

Jiang Shen was noncommittal about this statement, but as long as the little fox wanted to hear it, he would never hide it.

"If I just want to divert the attention of the real culprit behind the scenes and prevent him from sending people to Changming Mountain, why didn't I just release the news that I was visiting privately on a private micro-service, but instead asked someone to pretend to be me and go south with great fanfare? Doesn’t this lead to extra problems?” Jiang Shen smiled: “If I just hide in the folks, how can I lead out the real murderer who assassinated me?” “ Oh!” Li Ruan suddenly realized, “So you released the news on purpose, the murderer killed me. If you failed to kill once, you will definitely kill him a second time, so you can catch him, right?" Jiang Shen was silent for a moment, without answering. The little fox's ears drooped: "Well, I guessed wrong."