Chapter 6: Dino

Začít od začátku

I should really… but then they’d be disappointed…

Vernon smiled, "That's true! I'd love to go!" He glanced over at me.

I can’t disappoint Vernon…

I gulped, “Y-yeah… I’d love to go too!” I smiled. I hope I was able to hide my panic good enough.

"Perfect, we'll all go tomorrow then!" Soonyoung said, happily clapping his hands together.

I’ll just sit on the edge and not actually go in… No disappointment for anyone then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I heard Vernon stand up and looked over at him, "I'm gonna run to the bathroom, I'll be right back."

“Same.” I heard Seungkwan say, then they both walked over to where the bathrooms are.

I saw Seungcheol looking at the table, "So is everyone done?"

I just nodded, glancing down at my empty plate. I don’t want to say anything and make him mad. He’s the leader of the group and serious faced and stern looking and just over all intimidating… Mingyu calls him the dad of the group and maybe that means he’s… like my own dad…

“All of the plates look empty, I’m gonna ask for the check.” Jihoon said, I watched as he was looking for the waiter and giving a small wave when he found him. Jihoon just nodded when our waiter noticed and signaled to him that it’ll be a second.

I stopped watching and looked around. Jihoon doesn’t yell and demand the check right when he wants it? And everyone is okay with waiting? That’s totally different from…

Minghao looked at all of us, "So what all should we pack for tomorrow?"

"Is there anything we need to buy? Vernon could drive us to the store on the way home! I just gotta remember not to let Channie drive the cart." Joshua joked, winking at me.

I felt myself blush at that, “You and Vernon don’t have to drive me home! I can walk, it's okay!” I said quickly. I really, really don’t wanna…

Jeonghan looked at me, “Chan, that’s an hour walk!”

Jun frowned at me, "Plus the sun is setting soon! It'll be dark!"

“I’ll be okay! I walk home from Tiger Pounce, remember? It’s just an extra half hour!” I said. Please just…

“Which I don’t want you doing anymore! The town isn’t safe after midnight Channie!” Soonyoung said, frowning.

I heard Minghao gasp, "You WALK home that late from Tiger Pounce?! That's so dangerous Chan!"

“I’ve been okay so far! Plus there’s sticks!” I argued, please calm down guys…

“Sticks? Chan, you’re joking right? They’d break before you even pick them up.” Jihoon told me.

“Then I’ll just… rocks?” I questioned.

“Rocks… you mean the tiny pebbles?” Jihoon said back, crossing his arms.

“I…” I can’t think of anything else…

“Channie, please… We just want you to be safe.” Seokmin pleaded.

“I will be… I can just… run home?” I said, hopefully that works?

"And bring attention to yourself and maybe be surrounded by a gang or something?! You're not very strong Chan, I don't think you could fight off a bunch of people! You probably couldn't even win in an arm wrestling match with me!! It's too dangerous!!" Mingyu said, frowning and looking at me.