05.

━━━━━━2009━━━━━━       in the present        ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━2009━━━━━━
       in the present
       ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 5. You're undead to me

     "Well, look who decided to join us today?" Caroline playfully replied

"Hello to you too, Caroline." Imani joked as she went to hug her.

"What's it been like a week since I've seen you?"

"It's only been three days, care-"

"Well, it felt like a week. Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" She whined.

"Bonnie didn't tell you? I even texted you." She pointed her head in her sister's direction, smiling and nodding at her in return.

"You both did, but I thought you guys were lying."

"Why?"

"Because you like to play jokes with me for one. Two is because you didn't show up to school for three whole days. Three is because I didn't know if you were sick or just didn't want to come because of what happened with mr. Tanner?"

"I'm fine. I just needed a break from something."

"By the way, fuck Tyler and Vicki!" She whispered so nobody could hear, mostly Matt since he was a bit close to them talking with her sister and Tiki.

"Caroline!" she said, scolding her by lightly hitting her wrists.

"What?" She rubbed her wrist up and down to soothe it "But am I wrong?"

"No, but still be nice!"  She laughed a little. "I'm going to go wash some cars, ok!"

"Yea-yea." She shooed her off, clipboard in hand, as she turned back to scream at a random girl who had cleaned a car badly.