"A Thunderbolt attack? How is that even possible?" I decide to continue to tell Golbat to attack the Pokemon with Leech Life, regaining some of the health, and then defeat it with the Zen Headbutt.

But just before we can continue, the ceiling falls and Team Rocket appears on the scene, performing a theatrical kabuki rendition of their motto, sending out Arbok and Weezing in the process.

"It seems we'll have to join forces to vanquish them." Janine says.

"Right!" I return Golbat and send out Chala, while Janine goes for Venomoth, but James throws a fistful of a sticky thread at them, immobilizing them. "Pikachu! Meowsie!"

My Pikachu and Persian also try to stop them, but Jessie is the one throwing the sticky thread this time.

Misty says, "We need you now, Starmie!" Before she can throw the Pokeball, Psyduck comes out and Misty yells, "Psyduck! You're not Starmie!"

Then she grits her teeth and says, "Urgh... fine then, go if you want to." Then Psyduck hugs Misty's leg, causing her to get angry. "Psyduck! You're driving me crazy!"

After Psyduck rushes to the battlefield, Misty asks, "What attacks can Psyduck do?"

"There is Tail Whip..." Yellow says.

"Psyduck, Tail Whip!" Psyduck wags its tail, only to reduce both Arbok and Weezing's defense by 1 stage. Misty yells, "How can you tell that wagging a tail is an attack?"

"You need an attack move, Psyduck can use Scratch!" I say.

Psyduck tries to scratch Arbok, only to be bitten on the head as it keeps running around. Misty is holding her head and yells, "What a totally pathetic Pokemon... Now it's giving me a headache!"

"I think we have a way out of this." Janine then pulls a cord, opening up several ceiling panels and unleashing a large amount of Voltorb on the trio.

"What are those? They are in the way." Jessie says.

James yells, "That's a Voltorb!" They go for Self Destruct and we are now in another room. All of us feel tilted, and we notice that the room is slanted.

"This is a slanted room, we use it to confuse the opponents." Janine says.

We try to free Charla, Pikachu, and Persian, but they are too sticky, and at the same time, Team Rocket manages to find us, with the Voltorb stuffed in a loot bag. Meowth throws one of the Voltorb and it uses Self Destruct on us, not on purpose, and it only causes Psyduck to continue running with headaches.

"Psyduck! You're just going to get hurt out there! Get back!" Misty tries to recall the Pokemon, but Psyduck keeps running and causes Misty to miss and get angry. Meowth is also angry and yells, "Get out of the way!"

He kicks the Psyduck in front of James. James says, "We can catch this Pokemon too."

"We don't need Pokemon like that!" Meowth says as Psyduck continues to run in circles.

"Oh man... even Team Rocket doesn't want it." Misty mutters.

"It's headaches just get worse." Brock says.

After Misty stops Psyduck, it starts to use an attack on the Voltorbs, causing them to be unable to Self-Destruct. "That's Disable!"

Then Psyduck also uses Confusion to make Team Rocket unable to move, then they are sent flying after the psychic attack causing them to fly anywhere.

"Psyduck's attacks are pretty good!" Misty says as we see them blasting off again. Psyduck also uses Confusion to get all the Pokemon out of the sticky theads.

"Do you have that power all along?" Misty asks.

"I know that when Psyduck is having headaches, its Psychic powers become stronger." Insey says.

"That was a magnificent Psyduck. Do you think you'll consider trading Psyduck for a Venonat?" Janine asks Misty, who says, "Well, I wouldn't trade Psyduck for any Pokemon in the world."

"A Pokemon like that would definitely have one of our Soul Badges." Janine says.

"That reminds me, we haven't finished our match just yet." I say, and we decide to do this outside.

The third Pokemon is Venomoth, and I decide to go with Pidgeotto. Venomoth uses Stun Spore on Pidgeotto, Pidgeotto tries to use Gust to blow them away, but it is not good since Pidgeotto is paralyzed. Venomoth uses Poison Fang, and Pidgeotto uses Agility and barely dodged. Pidgeotto uses Acrobatics and hurts Venomoth, it flies backward, then it uses Psychic to knock Pidgeotto onto the floor, causing Pidgeotto to barely stand up. Then it uses Silver Wind, which is blocked by Protect, then Pidgeotto uses Hurricane to defeat Venomoth.

"Down to my last Pokemon I see, but it won't be easy to get defeated." Janine says as she sends out her final Pokemon, a Weezing. The Toxic attack also defeats Pidgeotto, so my final Pokemon is Charla. Weezing starts off with a Sludge, which is dodged, Charla uses Flamethrower and hits Weezing, then it is hurt by Double Hit.

Serena says, "This Weezing sure is strong... But I know Ash can win this."

And much to their surprise, Charla uses the Fire Spin and it covered the Weezing in Fire, causing it to get burned and eventually defeated by the Dragon Rage.

"You've beaten me, and Psyduck saved my Voltorbs from being stolen by the thieves. Here! Take the Soul Badge!" I take the badge and smile. Janine adds, "Now that you have the Soul Badge, the Defense of your Pokémon rises. It also lets you Surf outside of battle."

Then Janine says, "I have a lot to learn about battling, and it's thanks to you." We nod as we bid farewell to the gym leader and head back to Fuchsia City.

Here is a new chapter, and in this chapter, Ash gets his fifth badge and the next chapter will be the Safari Zone.

Ash + Serena's Pokemon:

Ivysaur, Charmeleon x2, Wartortle, Butterfree x2 (One Shiny), Beedrill, Pidgeotto, Raticate, Fearow, Arbok, Pikachu, Sandslash, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Clefable, Ninetales, Wigglytuff, Golbat, Vileplume, Parasect, Diglett, Persian, Primeape, Arcanine, Alakazam, Machamp, Victreebel, Golem, Farfetch'd, Doduo, Gengar, Onix (Crystal), Hypno, Electrode, Marowak, Lickitung, Mr. Mime, Gyarados (S), Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Porygon, Snorlax

Insey's Pokemon:

Ivysaur, Butterfree, Beedrill, Pidgeotto, Fearow, Golbat, Vileplume, Parasect, Victreebel, Doduo

Misty's Pokemon:

Horsea, Goldeen, Staryu, Starmie, Psyduck

Yellow's Pokemon:

Caterpie, Raticate, Pikachu, Geodude, Doduo

Brock's Pokemon:

Zubat, Geodude, Onix, Vulpix