chapter 11

Mentions of alcohol.

Nori's POV:

History was all a big blur. I couldn't focus on anything because the only thing that was going on in my mind was Lee Know's words. Was he actually being for real when he said he'd "choose me over all the girls he's ever laid eyes on?" He's probably saying that as a joke. I mean, there's so much other girls that are way prettier than me. And besides, he's out of my league.

I'm sitting on the bleachers for P.E. like always. "Hey, Ri. Why do you always sit on the bleachers for P.E.?" Lee Know takes a seat beside me. "I have asthma. I can't participate in any sports." I look down, playing with my fingers. He looks at me, "Oh." We sit in silence for awhile until he finally speaks again. "So uh, there's this party going on tonight at my friend, Hyunbin's house and I was wondering if I could bring you as my plus one."

Was he actually asking me to go to a party with him... If you didn't know, I've obviously never ever been to a teenage party in my life. No one ever asks me to go to that stuff because no one even knows I go to this school. Felix doesn't bother bringing me either because he knows I just hate the idea of them. But right now, I'm getting asked to a party for the first time by one of the most popular guys in this school. Why not go?

"Yeah, sure." I look at him. He smiles while biting his lip and nodding his head, "Okay so, I'll see you there? By the way, you could also bring a plus one. Party starts at 8:00." Lee Know smiles before he gets up to leave.

7:45 PM

I'm finished putting my makeup and jewelry on. I'm thinking of just leaving my hair down. I was going through my closet and found this fitted black dress with thin shoulder straps. The length was a bit below my knees. The shoes I chose out with the outfit are these nice panda dunks. I left the house and texted my mom I was going to a party for the night. She's a nurse, so her shifts have her out really late on weekdays. She seems surprised because she knows I never go to these things.

I made it to the house and I could hear the music from blocks away. I feel awfully bad for the neighbours. There's many people walking in and out of the house. I take a deep breath in and make my way into the house. As I step inside, a bunch of people are already staring at me. They're looking at me like I came in with a hotdog costume. I continue walking, and this house is huge. I made it to the kitchen, and there's bottles of alcohol laid out on the island counter. I look to my right and see Chaerin and Iseul. They whisper to each other, "What the hell is she doing here? Who in their right mind would actually invite her to a party." They both look at me up and down and start laughing together. I just ignore them and start exploring the house again.

"Yah! You made it!" Lee Know walks up to me with a red cup in his hand. I just stare at him and give him a half smile. My mood and confidence absolutely dropped after what Chaerin and Iseul said to each other about me. Lee Know notices my down face, "Yo, what's wrong? Suddenly wanna leave already?" I look into his eyes again, "It's nothing." I continue to walk and see some familiar faces from school. Lee Know runs up to me and starts walking beside me. We're currently in the living room and I see Chaerin making out with a boy on the couch. I think nothing of it until one of the boy's friends behind him tap him on his shoulder. He breaks his kiss, turning around.

Hwang Hyunjin.

Suddenly, he notices me. His face drops. I turn to Lee Know, "You know what? Can I have some of that?" He was about to say something, but I grab his drink from his hand before he can answer. I quickly take a shot of it before my face crinkles and turns red. "What the hell is that?" I ask. Lee Know giggles, "Vodka. You want something light?" I nod at him and he grabs my wrist and starts walking me to the kitchen. He takes a bottle of something im unknown of and he pours it into a cup. "Try it." He hands it to me and I smell it before taking a shot. My face crinkles up again, "You call this light? What is that?" I put the cup down on the counter. "Rosé." He answers before he laughs. "It was sweet. And dry?" I explain. He smiles, "It's a wine for beginners." I nod at him.

"So, did you bring a plus one?" Lee Know asks. "I was gonna ask Felix, but I forgot." I look around. "Someone say my name?" Felix randomly appears beside me. I jump in shock. Felix rests his arm on my head, "What brings you here? You're never into these things." I reply, "I don't know. I just didn't have anything to do tonight." He nods his head and speaks again, "Hey, let's sit somewhere." He walks off and Lee Know and I follow him. He leads us to the living room and makes us sit on the couch. A couple other people were there. Including Chaerin and Hyunjin.

While we're sitting, a random guy comes up to me. "Hey, wanna dance with me?" I was about to open my mouth to say something, but Lee Know suddenly puts his arm in front of me. He then says to the boy, "She doesn't wanna dance with..." He looks at him from head to toe, "Boys like you." The boy then gives him a disgusted look and he walks away. I turn to Lee Know, mad, "Hey? Why would you do that? He seemed nice." He replies, "You should be thanking me. He's a player. Definitely not the kind of person you would wanna be with." I scoff, "Talking about yourself?" He defends himself, "Hey. I might make out the with a lot of girls, but I'm not that heartless." He then gets up and walks off somewhere. I probably pissed him off.

"He looks furious." Felix interrupts. I sigh, laying myself back on the couch. "You're so full of yourself. He clearly doesn't want you. Stop flirting with boys that are so out of your league, princess." Chaerin blabbers. I turn my head around and scoff, sitting myself back up. I was about to protest, but Felix pulls my chin towards him with his finger, stopping me from talking. "She's not worth it. Let's go." He says, getting up. I stand up with him and follow him out of the living room.

Felix told me he was going to go to the washroom, so I nodded my head and he left. I had to push my way through a bunch of people in order to get to the kitchen. I took a cup and filled it up with water from the fridge. I just stand there for awhile, drinking my water. I look around and admire all the people talking to their friends, having a fun time. A lot of people are drunk, though. Stumbling their way through the hallways and bumping into things. I look over to the front foyer, and I see Lee Know. Making out with a girl. Didn't he just get offended that I practically just called him a "player?" He's literally proving my words right. He pulls away from the kiss, taking a breath. I see his eyes roam around, and they meet mine. His face drops and I quickly look somewhere else.

Just then, someone bumps into me.