chapter 2

Nori's POV:

I immediately recognized his face. There he was, Hyunjin standing by the classroom door. Has he been listening this whole time? Did he really hear the things I just said about him? He shouldn't care anyways. He already hates me.

Hyunjin stares at me a little longer before walking away and going to his next class. The girls who were just making my life miserable noticed me making eye contact with Hyunjin. After class, this isn't going to go well.

History was boring as usual. I'm good at it, though. As soon as the bell rings, I pack my bags and leave the classroom. When I walk out of the door, I bump into someone again. I look up to see it's Hyunjin. "What do you want?" I say, in a tone. "Relax, weirdo. We were chosen to be the water people or whatever for tomorrow's game day." Hyunjin looks down at me. We're kind of close right now, so I back up a little. "Kay. Thanks for telling me I guess." I walk off leaving Hyunjin standing there.

Just when I wanted some peace, the same five girls that grabbed my hair a few hours ago push me against a wall and surround me. "What was that? Are you deaf? I told you to stay away from him." When she's about to grab my hair, a hand grabs her wrist, preventing her from touching me. I look to my right to see no one other than Hwang Hyunjin. Right when he does this, the girl puts her hand down and they all bow to him and apologize. Not to me though. Losers.

"Can you at least stand up for your self?" Hyunjin stops me from walking away from him. "I do, idiot. And why do you care anyway? I don't need you defending me. I'm perfectly fine on my own." I say, turning back to him with his hand still holding my wrist. I let go of him and make my way back to my locker. What's up with everyone today? They think they're so much better than everyone else.

School was over after my P.E. class. I usually don't participate because I have asthma. That's probably why I have to be in charge of the water station for game day. I wonder why Hyunjin was even chosen though.

On my way home, I see Felix kissing a girl goodbye outside of the school. One thing I forgot to mention about him is that he's around girls. A lot. I think he's dated like more than ten of them this year. More people than I could even be friends with. "Ri! Slow down!" Felix runs behind me, panting. "I'm not even running?" I tell him.

This hasn't happened in awhile. Felix walking me home. "Why are you here? Don't you have friends to catch up with?" I ask him, looking over at him. "C'mon, Ri. We haven't walked together in so long. Why do I feel like you're shutting me out now?" Felix stops walking.

"I'm not shutting you out. It's you." I turn my head down and look at the floor. Felix scoffs, "What do you mean? Don't be ridiculous, Nori." "I mean what I said. You've gotten so many other friends, it's like you totally forgotten all about me. You only come up to me like twice a week. I was always scared to tell you that I feel left out, but I was scared that you were gonna get mad at me and tell me that I'm being dramatic." I frown.

Felix's tone gets worse. "Yeah, you are being dramatic. Can't you just be happy for me? It's not my fault you have no other friends." I look at him, unassured of what kind of person he's become, "I don't even know who you are anymore. What have these people gotten into you?"

I walk away from Felix, leaving him shocked and alone on the sidewalk.  Did someone curse me today? Why is everyone suddenly turning their backs on me?

Once I got home, my mom noticed my sorrowful face. She asks, "What's up, honey? Someone bother you today? By the way, where did Felix go? He never comes over anymore." I reply, "Oh, it's nothing. He's just busy with other people and school, that's all." "Ohh okay. Dinner's in a few hours! Don't forget." I nod my head at her and I make my way upstairs.

After changing out of my uniform, I lie down on my bed and check my social media. On Instagram, I see Felix's new post. A post with his new friends. He seems really happy. I bet he meant what he said to me earlier. It breaks my heart to see what kind of person he's becoming. I just want the old Felix back.

Suddenly, I get a text.

{ h17hyun: Hey.
Is this Shin Nori?
Noriri: Yes.
Who's this?
h17hyun: Oh, sorry. It's Hyunjin.
Noriri: Oh. How'd you get my number?
h17hyun: Your friend, Felix gave it to me.
Noriri: That's cool. Why'd you text?
h17hyun: Nothing. I just wanted your number. }

That's odd. I wonder why he needed my number. I also wonder why Felix even gave it to him.