"I'm going to get better though." He assured her.

"You better." She muttered, making him chuckle.

"I'll probably be okay by an hour." Childe boasted. He felt Lumine's grip on his hand tighten. "I'm not gonna get my hopes up for that." Lumine replied.

"Alright, a day. I'll be back-" he coughed then instantly cleared his throat. "I'll be back in shape by tomorrow." Chile said.

He winced. The tingling feeling was still there, despite having already gone through the uncontrolled transformation.

"Really?" Lumine asked. Though she knows that he was bluffing, she could also tell that he'll be stubborn enough to keep saying it'll be a fast recovery.

No use to arguing with him, might as well just go along with it so he won't waste his already draining energy by arguing.

"Yeah." He smiled.

Lumine sighed. "What am I gonna do with you." She said. She then gave a quick peck on Childe's hand that she was holding.

"I feel better already. Like I could jog my way around Inazuma." Childe said.

Lumine laughed as she shook her head lightly.

Then there was silence, the two held hands as Lumine sat down beside the bed. Childe had his eyes closed, smiling, though there are a few instances that he would wince. He tries his best not to, or at least not show it to her.

She's worrying enough. He wants her to worry less by making her see that he's feeling a lot better.

But he can't really hide the fact that his hands trembled, he can't control his body shivering.

"Lumine..." he spoke up, looking at her. She just looked back at him.

He scooched over to his side and patted the spot next to him.

"I can't, what if I-"

"Please." Childe said.

"You're hurt and I don't know where I could- I- I might hurt you..." Lumine said.

"No, you won't" Childe said.

"I might. What if I do?" Lumine's eyebrows furrowed.

"I don't mind." Childe said.

Lumine crossed her arms.

"Please." Childe pleaded.

"Ajax, I just don't want you to get more hurt." Lumine said.

"Ack-" Childe held on to his chest.

Lumine's eyes widened. "What's wrong? Does it hurt? Should I call someone?" She bombarded him with questions.

"Yeah, in here." He pointed at his chest.

"Why? What do you feel? Is it because of the delusion? Are you feeling sick?" Lumine started asking him more questions.

"I feel..." he started. "I feel hurt... because you rejected me. My heart went ouch."

Lumine took a deep breath and then exhaled. Really heavily.

"Don't do that!" She lightly hit his arm, to which gave Childe something to actually feel in pain about. "I thought something bad was seriously happening." She said, resting her hand on her chest to try and calm her racing heart.

Childe did his best to sit up, and instantly gave her a hug. "I'm sorry, that wasn't a good joke."

"It really wasn't. That was not the time." Lumine said.

"I just really want you to stay here in bed with me." Childe said.

"I'm not going anywhere anyway." Lumine said.

Childe didn't budge from the hug.

"Okay. Fine. I'll lie down too." Lumine sighed. Childe pulled away with the hugest grin on his face. He hugged her again then thanked her as he excitedly got into a comfortable position.

His arm spread out, signaling Lumine to use it as a pillow. At first she was about to protest, but then again she couldn't really say no to him.

Lumine got herself into a comfortable position as well then faced the man beside her.

"Happy?" She asked.

"Very." He smiled widely, leaning in to give her a peck on the forehead. "See? It's not hurting me at all." He added.

"Okay, now go get some rest." She said, rolling her eyes.

***

"I can't fall ill now. I still have to protect her." That was all that was in Childe's mind.

He stared at her, gently caressing her cheek as she slept soundly.

They were still in the recovery room, in the same position they were in; lying down the bed together, Lumine's head resting on Childe's arms while her hand rests on his chest.

"Ajax! We heard from the guards-" Paimon bursted inside the room.

Childe instantly signalled her to keep quiet then pointed at the sleeping person beside him.

Due to him moving, their position shifted. Thankfully though, Lumine's sleep wasn't disturbed.

Childe then sat up, facing Paimon.

"We heard from the guards that you passed out." Paimon whispered, in Paimon's fashion, which is more or less just normal volume but more airy sounding. She's trying, she even has her hand on the side of her face.

"I'm fine now. Sorry to worry you guys." He said. His voice was low, which was unintentional, must be because he's lying about being fine.

He's still, in fact, not fine. He has yet recieved treatment, none of the first aiders in the vicinity knew what exactly to do.

Childe himself didn't know.

Perhaps if he was in Snezhnaya, it would have been a piece of cake to know the diagnosis.

"What about Lumine?" Paimon asked.

"She's just sleeping. Don't worry." He assured. For a moment, Childe forgot he wasn't the only one that was concerned for the traveler.

In a way, he felt assured.

He took a deep breath, shifted his position a little more to move Lumine to a more comfortable position after freeing his arm.

He then stood up then walked over to the door where Paimon was. He turned to Lumine for a moment then to Paimon.

"Go get the others, I have something to tell everyone."