Chapter 1

Paul McCartney's grandfather almost always means well when trying to give advice, but often causes trouble that threatens his grandson's career.

He tries to help out and not be such a troublemaker, but now Paul is married. 

Will Grandpa still be the king mixer?

Well, one fine day, Paul was with his new wife Jill on the train to Liverpool, his hometown.

"Paul, I'm really looking forward to meeting your family" said Jill.

"I'm looking forward to introducing you. My brother Mike is very gentle; you'll like him. But he is a bit cheeky. For years, he called me fatty" said Paul.

"But you're not fat" said Jill. 

"Yeah, but I was in my youth."

"Does that mean he'll be calling me fat?" 

"You're not fat yet."

"I'm a fat girl in disguise, Paulie" said Jill with modesty. 

Paul laughed and shook his head with a smile.

"Who else d'you live with? Is your father still around?" said Jill.

"No, he's gone back to fighting fires. He did that in World War 2, you see" said Paul.

"So... he's fighting fires in Vietnam now?" said Jill.

"Perhaps."

"What about your grandfather? I've heard some things about him" said Jill.

Paul looked at her with suspicion. "What have you heard?"

"Not that much. I just remember before our wedding, Sam said to me, "your new grandfather-in-law is a piece of work." Frankly, I didn't believe her" said Jill.

"I do" said Paul.

"Is your grandfather a piece of work?" said Jill.

"A piece of work? He's a villain. A real mixer. And he costs you a fortune in breach-of-promise cases" said Paul.

Jill scoffed. "You're being dramatic."

"No, I'm serious."

"But he's a nice mixer, right?" 

"He's very clean."

"Well, that's good, right?"

"Very. If you like that kind." 

Jill laughed then gave Paul a playful slap on the back. 

The train stopped at the Liverpool train station and the couple got off of it.

Then, they got into a cab that took them to Paul's old house where he grew up.