Chapter 3: The Party

[Y/N] walked through the halls of the office building when she noticed the Joker standing at the end of the building, waiting for her.

"Why are you standing there? Were you waiting for me?" she asked from across the hall.

"I don't want you getting jumped again, sweetheart." he replied.

"I can defend myself." she said as she walked past him.

"Once again, let's not overestimate ourselves." he laughed.

"So, why did you want to meet?"
[Y/N] asked.

"You have your, um, connections. So, I want you to go to the party at Bruce Wayne's mansion." he said.

"So, you want to crash his party?" she asked.

"Um, yeah." he replied.

"Alright, I'll be there."

"Perfect." he said, smiling.

"Oh, by the way, did I ever tell you how I got these scars?" he asked.

"Didn't you tell a guy right in front of me?"

"Oh, that, that was bullshit. I just said that to scare him." he said.

"Alright, tell me."

Joker stepped closer.

"Come here." he said and put a blade to [Y/N]'s mouth and grabbed her neck.

[Y/N] shivered at his sudden touch. She tried to look  he grabbed her face. His facial expression changed so quickly; he definitely wasn't ok in the head. (But who cares??)

"Hey, look at me." he spoke, "So, I had a wife; she was beautiful, like you. Who tells me: I worry too much, who tells me I ought to smile more, who gambles and gets in deep with sharks. One day, they carve her face. And we have no money for surgeries. She can't take it. I just wanna see her smile again. I just want her to know that I don't care about the scars. So, I stick a razor in my mouth and do this to myself." he said, showing off his scars, "and you know what? She can't stand the sight of me! She leaves. But now I see the funny side. Now I'm always smiling." he said as he finished his second monologue and stepped away.

"Wow, what a bitch." She said.

He laughs at her remark.

"So, see you at the party, sweetheart." he says as he escorts her to the exit of the building.

---------------------

Once she gets home, she calls Bruce Wayne to get the confirmation that she can go to the party; he's a good friend of [Y/N]'s.

"Hey, Bruce." She says

"Hey, what's up?"

"I was just wondering if I can go to your party at your house tomorrow?"

"Yeah, of course, you're one of my best friends; you don't even have to ask."

"Oh, well, thanks anyway."

"No problem, I'm kind of busy right now, so I'll call you back later, ok?"

"Yeah, sure."

Once the call is over, she proceeds to call the Joker.

"I'm going." she tells him.

"Good, see you there."

----------------------------

The next day, [Y/N] spends most of her time getting ready, trying to look her absolute best. She put on a beautiful, red dress with no shoulder straps. She then put on black heels and the most gorgeous makeup ever, consisting of black eyeshadow and obviously her red lipstick. She put on a black fur coat and went to the mansion in her SUV.