𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 18

Start from the beginning

You left your room and went to the doorway to his, his back towards the door as he stood near the balcony door. His body seemed to become more tense as he listened to whatever the person he was talking to had to say, making his demeanor grow cold. "I swe ar to god, if you touch her or Seri-" Jungkook trailed off, the male's laugh sounding loud enough for you to hear. He seemed to be threatening Jungkook with your life and Seri's, judging by Jungkook's words. You were slightly taken aback, your eyes slightly wide. It made you wonder what exactly Jungkook worked. He had threatened people before although he brushed it off saying it was a 'figure of speech' or just 'a way of talking'. But it made you begin to believe it was way more than just a figure of speech. Before it was too late and he found out you were listening in into his conversation, you walked away silently and decided to prepare some snacks in the kitchen for the 3 of you to eat at the park. You tried your best to calm your racing mind and heart after his conversation on the phone, hearing him heading down the stairs while mumbling to himself. "There isn't a single moment where I can have just one day without work involved." He said as he stepped into the kitchen. "Oh? Did they call you in?" You asked, glancing over your shoulder for a second before turning back to the counter where you were making some sandwiches. He sighed and shook his head a bit, leaning on the counter. "No, not exactly. Just another client being an asshole. He even threatened me." He replied. You stopped for a second before turning to him, "Shoulnd't you call the police if he threatened you? What if he tries to do something of what he said?" You asked, unable to hide some of your worry. Jungkook of course noticed that and wasted no time on heading to your side and placing his hands on your cheeks, sighing softly. "Hey, remember what I told you a while back. I will not let anyone hurt you verbally or physically. I will not let you get hurt, Seri neither." He whispered, smiling at you before pecking your lips. "I promise."

"Do you like the soda?" Jungkook asked Seri as you walked together down the park, holding Seri's hand while you stood on the other side, smiling at the two. "Yes, appa. It's really good." She replied, smiling up at him and then you. You both then walked in silence, enjoying the time together. A small kid's park came into view, being half empty since it was slightly late at night and there weren't many people on the streets. "Want to play on the swings?" Jungkook asked Seri, who eagerly nodded in response, the two of them heading for the swings after. You took a seat at a bench, watching them with a soft smile on your lips. As she swung on the swing, Jungkook teased her each time she swung forward, making her giggle loudly. It made you giggle to yourself when her giggles echoed around the park, drowning any other sound for you or Jungkook. Your eyes fell upon a figure watching you intently in the distance, making you feel uneasy at his gaze. It held nothing but bad intentions, his eyes shifting to Seri after. You wasted no time on heading to Jungkook and Seri, stopping the swing and picking her up in your arms safely. Jungkook seemed to notice your uneasy stance, "Y/n? What's wrong?" He asked, watching you as you put your hand on the back of Seri's head. "The man over there. He is watching us and has been for the past 10 minutes." You said, Jungkook wasting no time to turn around and notice the man who instantly turned around and began heading down the street. "Let's go. Go to the car. I'll be there in a minute." He said, about to walk away but you grabbed his arm. "Jungkook, no." You said softly. His eyes connected with yours, staring for a bit before looking the way the figure had gone down the street. "What if it's a trap? What if he wants you to follow him and does something to you or me and Seri while you're gone?" You said nervously. "Okay, okay. Let's go have dinner somewhere. I won't go after him." He quickly said after, giving you a small peck on your lips.

The rest of the night was uneasy. Jungkook stayed alert as you went to the restaurant, had dinner, walked back to the car, and even while home. You were putting Seri to bed as Jungkook was calling Taehyung to tell him about what happened at the park. "Y/n, is appa going to come tuck me in?" Seri asked softly, giving a small yawn. "I'm not sure, baby. He is busy with a call." You said as you caressed her hair, giving her a small smile. She hugged her plushie close while you tucked her in instead, kissing her forehead after. "Sleep well, sweetie. Appa will come in a bit, okay?" You whispered. Right on time, Jungkook showed up at the door and smiled at you two, another small yawn leaving Seri. "Babygirl~" Jungkook sang softly, entering the room and taking a seat on your spot. "Appa." Seri said with a soft smile, barely keeping her eyes open from how tired she was. "I'm here, angel. You can sleep now." He whispered as he kissed her forehead and caressed her head lightly. You watched with a soft smile as the little girl slowly drifted off, hugging her plushie closer and enjoying her father's head caresses.

Soon after she fell asleep, Jungkook turned the baby monitor on and went to the bedroom with you, heaving a sigh once inside. "I spoke to Taehyung about the guy we saw. He said that guy was at the house as well." Jungkook said as he rubbed his face, looking at you. You remembered the time you thought you saw someone, remembering it was actually a person just like you thought. "There was a figure near the trees on the driveway. He was hiding behind them and I told you, remember?" You said, Jungkook looking at you after with furrowed eyebrows, deep in thought. "Yeah, I remember. Did you manage to see him?" He asked as he stepped closer, his hands resting on your arms. "No, he was wearing a hoodie and I could barely see him." You said with a sigh.

"We'll find him, don't worry. Nothing will happen to you or Seri. I swear on my life." He said, his hands now on your cheeks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi beauties! Just quickly dropping by to apologize for taking so
long to update the book ;-; I've recently started working at a bar a I'm tired 24/7 an surely feel like writing. I will try to update mor often but I don't promise anything ❤️

I love you all :3

6 Months | J.JKOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara