summer time awkward

Beginne am Anfang

"Bells."

"Hey..."

"It was like... He-he, like, loves you. He loves you. And... Wait, does anyone want another drink? I want another drink." I watched as they left rolling my eyes, I turned to Shayla.

"Look, Bells is drunk it's like her 5th one. And Connie did put a little too much. But look what she said is true they kissed for like 5 seconds okay? He realized it was a mistake, and he regrets it terribly."

"I don't care they kissed, I just wish"

"You wish he told you. I know. But boys are stupid they don't get that we are simple people who just want honesty. I'll talk to him. You should talk to him. Because he really is into you."

"Thanks, Lye."

"Of course. I'm gonna go hide the alcohol." I got up walking towards the house. I walked inside going up to my room laying down.

"Hey." I looked up seeing Jere.

"hey."

"You okay?"

"Belly just outed Steven to Shayla."

"Yeah, Steven told me, told him to go talk to her."

"Hm. I'm just tired of people drinking all the time."

"Does it bother you when I do it?"

"Sometimes, but I don't want to ruin anyone's fun. I'm fine with splitting drinks with you but I don't think I can drink alone."

"I know, Lila." He laid next to me smiling down at me. "My dad left."

"What?"

"Yeah, I think he and mom got into it, or him and Con."

"I'm sorry, Jere."

"It's fine, I think since he can't force Connie to play anymore he expects me to."

"If only he knew."

"Hm, right." I turned on my side playing with his hair lightly as I faced him.

"I like you the way you are."

"Thank you."

"Always. I love you." I mumbled as my eyes closed. I felt someone kiss my head and pull me closer as sleep took over my body.

--

I stood in the hall of the ball room, reharsal started I was just waiting on Jere. He came in a little later smiling at me. "Paige will kill you." I said as I pointed to his see through shirt. He tapped Stevies shoulder getting his jacket, before getting back in his spot. We did the dance a bit before Jere moved to the speaker. "Hey, Alexa. Play 'so pretty'" The song blasted through the speaker making everyone loosen up. Jeremiah grabbed my hand spinning me around before dipping me. I laughed pushing him away lightly.

"What's going on here? Alexa, stop." We all looked at Paige as she spoke. "Jeremiah Fisher, why aren't you at the pool?"

"I'm Lila's date to the ball, remember?"

"Right, well I heard there was a code brown at the pool better get going, Lyra will be okay without you for a while."

"Yes ma'am." He kissed my cheek grabbing the key  from Paige. "See you later."

After that was done I met Jere by the fruit stand seeing Gigi and Dara talking to him. "Thank you. Um, that was the most fun waltz rehearsal, like, in the history of waltz rehearsals."

"Yeah."

"You came just in time. Your girl Lyra's a disaster in heels."

"You know what? Lyra's actually a good dancer. The waltz is just dumb."

"Here you go, ladies." I walked over to them smiling.

"Perfect, thank you."

"Always."

"What was that about?"

"What's their deal?" I asked Jere sitting next to him.

"Well, uh, Gigi wants a boyfriend and, uh, Dara bit me once. You want to get out of here?"

"I can't."

"You're no fun."

"Not-not all of us have a trust fund, Jere, all right? Some of us need to work."

"Bullshit. If Shayla called you right now, your ass would be out the door."

"Yeah. I mean, it's Shayla."

"Steven. Someone important must like you, because you've been promoted to the card room."

"Whoa. The club has a card room?"

"Apparently. So, what's up pretty boy."

"Nothing just tired." He looked around before blowing his whistle. "Hey, Billy! Stop running. All right? It's bad enough we had to shut down the pool because of you."

"It wasn't me, jerk face."

"Watching Jeremiah fight with his child nemesis literally never gets old." I looked at Nicole and Shayla.

"God! That kid is demonic, I swear."

"Where's your brother been all day? He's not texting me back."

"Conrad is too much drama, Nicole. Oh, my God. Frank Ocean is playing the Yarmouth Music Festival. Stop. My dad's firm reps him. I can totally get us tickets."

"For real?"

"Yes."

"Oh, my God."

"Well, you know, actually, uh, Conrad's been wanting to go to Yarmouth."

"Does he like Frank Ocean?"

"Loves him."

"Yeah, yeah. He's just been dealing with a lot of stuff with their dad, you know."

"Oh."

"But you should take him."

"Yes."

"And I could bring Steven."

"Yes. Let's be cheesy and rent a limo."

"Let's. I'll text my dad."

"Jere, you're an amazing brother."