Chapter 5: Freakouts & Stubborness

Aunt Venessa

Chloe's POV

Bile rises in my throat as I force my way through the crowd, panic like a cold vice wrapping around my chest.

This can't be happening.

I had turned towards the man, thinking he was an informant Thomas managed to get his hands on, and instead I had found the most ruggedly handsome man I had ever seen. He was massive, towering at least a feet above me, wide and stacked with muscle.

His semi-wild eyes and the animalistic way he still seemed to be tuned into the world around us immediately gave away his species.

A brainwashed, Divine Child. A werewolf, one of the more.... accepting species when it comes to Soulmates and being ruled over by an all-seeing Goddess that has never once graced us with our presence.

My heart is broken and full of hate as I force my way through the crowd, the people unconsciously moving with my will, my pheromones spreading like wildfire as stress and denial wash over me.

As I make it into the fresh air, I recall the hope and relief in his eyes as he reached for me, as if he has been waiting for me all his life and felt such joy over finally finding me. He must have not realized that his oh so special Soulmate was an Incubus. Even if I am a Hybird, I know there's only one part of my DNA that would send the wolf running the opposite direction with a sneer on his lips.

My chest squeezes with the forced of my barely contained sobbed, tears already staining my cheeks.

My stomach rolls as I recall the scent that stuffed itself up my nose before I could flee, the warm soul filling scent of warm stone and ever green trees, a familiarity there that almost shatters me.

I can't do this.

Because I'm forced to accept the reality that I tried to hard to pretend isn't there. The butterflies, the warmth, the artificial euphoria forced down my throat along with bile, hatred and despair as I back away from the walking chains that Celeste has forced upon my wrists.

My life.

My heart is broken and full of hate as I force my way through the door that leads outside, the people unconsciously moving with my will, my pheromones spreading like wildfire as stress and denial wash over me.

I whisper a spell that every Super worth their salt knows, dampening my scent so the damn Wolf can't track me.

His chocolate brown eyes flash in my mind, my chest squeezing at the sight of him. And the thing that absolutely destroys me is I don't know if it's out of fear or fabricated attraction that's been forced upon me without a second thought.

My chest is tight and I find myself angry for letting my guard down and allowing this to happen.

Needing to get away from the horror of reality, I lean into a run, allowing the trees and the lights of the night into a blur on either side of me. Maybe if I keep running, I'll eventually run far away enough that no one will be able to find me again.

That dream lasts all of three minutes until I hear the sound of light footsteps quickly falling on soft grass closing in quickly behind me. I don't try to run or panic, because there's only one person in the world that would know where I'm going without tracking my scent.

Sure enough, Thomas comes up beside me, slowing his much faster Vampire speed down to match my own now that he's caught up.

The smug bastard never passes up a chance to remind me thag Vampire speed is superior. But this time he's silent, his usually teasing manor no where to be seen and I think I hate that more than anything he could have said. Because it makes it real. It means that either way, I have to address this. That man. The bond that's been established and is now up to one of us to break.