🌃Chapter two - Meeting two mermaids.

It was summer, and you decided to take a trip to the new aquarium that just opened. It was called - "The seas stars!". You brought some fish food, snacks for yourself; your F/F (Favorite Food), and your headphones. 

You packed your bag and instantly rushed out the door, locking it behind you. You were quite excited because you loved the ocean, and you heard the aquarium had some unique sea creatures. You got onto a Cota bus, as you didn't have a car yet.

You were also supposed to meet up with your B/F (Best friend) when you got to the aquarium, they said to be there by 4:00pm. As you rode on the bus, you were lucky it was quite empty. Checking your phone, it was 3:45. You nearly jumped when you finally got to the aquarium. You got off the bus and ran to the entrance. Though you had to wait a bit because you got there early, causing you to let out a small pout.

You sat on a bench and waited before your friend finally arrived. They had a black shirt with dark ripped jeans, and a pair of black sneakers with white laces. It was simple, but nice. You had on a red and white jacket with a white t-shirt that had a red plus symbol on it, with a white skirt and white long socks, or white jeans with short socks, or white shorts with long socks, with red shoes that had a heart printed on each one. 

"You look nice bestie!" Your B/f said with a dorky smile. "You too ya dork" you said with a smile as well, playfully nudging them.

"Are you ready to go inside?" They asked, in response you nodded. You were very excited to finally go inside and your friend noticed, laughing softly as they led you inside.

Once you got inside you realized you had to order tickets. You both were introverts and hated having to talk with strangers. "Y/n..." Your friend said, giving you the glare. "Nope! I'm not doing it! You do it!" You said, crossing your arms. "Why should I! You're the one who wanted to come!" "Because its my birthday Bf/n! (Best friends name). Did I mention today was your birthday? Well now I have! Bf/n continues to glare at you for a few seconds before letting out a loud side. "Fine..." They said, groaning as they went to the front desk.

After a few minutes, they came back with two tickets, giving you one as you smirked at them, causing them to roll their eyes.

"C'mon bestie! Lets go!" They held your hand and lead you to the main room of the aquarium.

You got to the main room, it had merch, signs that had directions, and a few food places. "Where do you want to go first Y/n?" Your b/f asked. "Hmm..lets go see the sea creatures in order!" You said excitedly, running off. "Hey! Wait up y/n!" They yelled, running after you.

You both have been exploring for some time, taking pictures of all the sea creatures you meet. So far your favorite was the chonky seals you found in the "Flipper Floppers Zone" You and your b/f decided to split up as they were hungry, and you still wanted to explore.

As you explored, you noticed a room called "The Sea Stars." There wasn't anyone around at this time and you were quite curious on what they could be. Your curiosity got the better of you and you went inside.

As you went inside the room, there was a huge tank. It had corals, sea flowers, glowing rocks and huge rocks, seaweed, and many decorations. It looked very beautiful. You walked closer to the the tank and looked inside, although to you didn't see anything. "Huh..? Is this room a work in progress.?" You thought out loud. Just then you saw a mermaid quickly scurrying into a hiding spot. It happened so fast that you thought you were seeing things.

"W-What the?! Hey! I saw you!" You shouted, trying to get a response. Though nothing happened. "Cmon! You don't have to hide! I won't hurt you..., wait...I'm being stupid, you can't understand me." You sighed in disappointment, and as you were about to leave the room you heard a bang on the glass of the tank.

You slowly turn around to see a sun themed mermaid. He had fins on his head that looked like sunrays, with a crescent moon on one side of his face, and a yellow filling the other side. He had two big white eyes with light gray pupils and light blue spirals on his cheeks. He had red fins on his neck, and he had a slim yet spiky body. He had red ribbons with bells on his wrists, and many red ribbons wrapped around his waist. He was a lot of shades of yellow, and his tail was sharp, the end looking like sunrays.

You screamed at the sight, because mermaids weren't supposed to exist! And its huge! The mermaid quickly swam away from fear, and it caught you off guard. "H-hey! Come back! I'm sorry for screaming! I was just surprised..." You said worriedly. The mermaid slowly swam back, staring at you anxiously and nervously. You looked at him with wide eyes in awe as you thought he was beautiful. You then smiled softly, putting your hands up to show your not a threat.

"Don't worry! I won't hurt you, I promise." You said reassuringly. The mermaid looked at you and you slowly came closer, placing your hand on the tank. It looked at your hand before placing its hand on the tank, so that your hands would touch with the glass as a barrier. Its hand was way bigger than yours, which shocked you. It would look at you with a toothy smile, its teeth were razor sharp.

"Can you understand me?" You asked, and in response it nodded. You looked at it a little longer as you were still in awe at how beautiful it was, and it titled its head to the side as you continued to stare. "Sorry!" You said quite embarrassed as you snapped out of your haze. "I just think your very beautiful." You said without hesitation. The mermaid's eyes widened, and it blushed slightly, smiling as it did a twirl in happiness.

You watched in awe, this mermaid was very nice! But you couldn't help but wonder why it's here and how it even exists...

As you watched it do tricks, you heard the sound of a low growl, it seems he wasn't the only one in the tank.

=1120 words.=