thirty three | the pink scrunchie

AN: hiya!!!! hru???????

I hummed a random tune as I put on my black jeans and a red, silk blouse

I hummed a random tune as I put on my black jeans and a red, silk blouse. Removing the towel from my hair, I brushed them with my fingers, untangling the strands when our room's door opened and Kyst strode in, one of his hands in his pocket and the other one holding his phone, his brows furrowed.

"Hey," I said with a smile, rounding the bed and getting infront of him, my arms on his waist as I caressed him softly.

As soon as he saw me, he slipped the phone inside, wrapping his arms around my back and pulling me in, nuzzling his face into my neck as he took a deep breath in. "Hi, my Vi Darling."

My heart stilled. We'd returned from Chicago last night. It'd been three days since I told Kyst the truth I had been harbouring for so long. Ever since that day, he had always, without a mistake, called me Vi. Vi was the one thing that had always tied me to Bernard because he would persistently call me that. He'd say my name was too big and shortening it made it sound chic and sophisticated.

At that time, I had believed it without knowing that my name was only a way for him to manipulate me to reach his own expedient. He'd made me fall in love with the idea of love and true destiny only to destroy it and my childhood dreams like it had never existed.

I had detested that name with everything in my heart because hearing it only reminded me of my naivety, of how ridiculously stupid I had been and I never, ever wanted to feel that again. I never thought I'd like being called by that name again. Never thought I'd feel so full and content. Never thought I'd feel so out of sorts by seeing a man that I'd be afraid my heart would burst out of my ribcage.

Until Kyst. He made me feel seen and important. From hating him and then hating myself for realising that I'd never actually hated him to coming to terms with the fact that I was helplessly and irrevocably falling in love with him with no escape in sight, I'd finally grown.

He reminded me of the strong woman I had always dreamed of becoming. My name on his lips sounded like melted chocolate and his term of endearment evoked the cold volcano inside my chest, waking it up and prompting me to never forget that no matter what happened, Kyst was always the one person in my life who would never judge me, never betray me. He was someone who would always welcome me with open arms and a huge, goofy grin while having the filthiest, absolutely dirty thoughts.

And I loved that about him.

"Vi? Baby?" He called out, sweetly kissing my neck and I realised I'd zoned off in his arms. When I looked back at him, he slipped my hair behind my ear and covered my cheek with his palm. "Are you still tired? Just tell Lily to cancel your dinner plans and then we can go to sleep," he said. A smirk pulled his lips up as he caressed my lower lip with his thumb and his voice dropped with a melodramatic seduction. "Maybe do some dirty things?"

Savannah and Sully's wedding was an absolute blast with tons of alcohol and music and craziness. On the day of her wedding, I'd danced like crazy because the bride and the groom had disappeared immediately after their first kiss and their first dance. When I had asked Kyst if he knew where they'd gone, he had just rolled his eyes and told me, "If we'd just gotten married and had disappeared, what would we be doing?"