Chapter Thirty

"The fire dances in their eyes as they were swept away by the water."

The water's current push them along, far away from the echoing screams, the halls dim as they continue their journey, though they had no grasp on reality, seems like it's the only thing that's consistent ever since they've met. Their chins pointed to their chest as they hold their heads down, Matt shudders and uses his thin arms to embrace himself. His face drained of warmth, pupils dilated, and jaws clenched, he knew who it was that did that horrible thing, he burned them all, left no trace of their existence, "Would that have been my faith?" he questions quietly.

Samuel draws a quick breath as he continues to use his magic to propel them along the water, but now slowly. His anger brewed but his guilt consumed him, "mom did say one day you will be hurt to be a part of this, is this what my family has been doing, is this my bloodline, by inheriting the mask will I also inherit their deeds and Karma". He reminisces of those red eyes as they stare through the white glass mask.

Samuel rests his left palm on Matt's left shoulder, the little boy flinches and spins around to face the Council Member. The look of betrail painted in his glare, the moment fell silent. The bubble boat continues to cruise, the seemingly still water carries them now, the last push from Samuel left them floating in circles as they look at each other.

"Matt, I know how it looks," Samuel says as he reaches his left hand forward to tilt the little boy's face upwards, but Matt angrily pulls his face away, scowling as he does. "I'm not like them! You know that".

"I hardly know you! we've just met like a day and a half now! I presume?" he ended questioningly.

"Your entire bloodline jas taken from everyone, they say the ones with the masks are supposed to be our leaders. But all you porcelain heads do is burn everyone". Matt's fluffy brows furrow together, his dark brown eyes narrow, his hair drapes over his face, like a threaded curtain.

"How dare you!, you know nothing of me, who I am and what I've done" Samuel spews back, his tone laced with hurt, brows sunken but still fierce.

Watching happily from his throne on his orb, a sly smile creeps onto his face. The wrinkles shadows lines on his forehead from the blue tint, the sour yet clean sent of old people linger in the air, as does his dry cackle. "Finally!" he exclaims, with much more excitement than needed, jumping out onto his feet. "Oh, Oh," he says shortly after, holding his chest as he sits down, " Too Fast" he states, "ain't as young as I think I am", giggles as he focuses on the two boys on his little orb once more.

"I don't need to know you but I know your bloodline" haha Matt snickers softly "it's like they say the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree! How much different can you be!" Samuel bows his head in submission. "But look at me how can I be the same, if I were I would have left your little bitch ass to rot in the burning cell" Samuel spews through gritted teeth.

The sharp sound echoed along the hall and back at the two boys, Samuel was taken back a bit, his right palm reaching upwards to caress his aching cheek. The shape of a hand-marked in red remains, his anger fluctuates, unsure of how to feel. He clenches his fist, as he does a small crack snaps on the bubble boat, neither of them aware.

Using his advantage, the old man snaps his fingers. A red tint erupts in the air, the wind picks up once again, but it only circles the two boys. This spins the boat, "No one in your family can do any better". Matt just let all his anger for the council and Edward's transgression.

"I can do better than they ever did, they locked you up, I'm getting you out of here aren't I?" Samuel screams, brushing up to Matt's small frame, Samuel towers over him, just leering, his eyes narrowed. Matt felt Samuel's hot moist breath fan his face.

The small crack grew into many, they sound like glass, just chipping away in the water, the gulping of water as it joins their feet. The bubble went from transparent to completely hazy in just a few seconds. The tension of the argument was too heavy, it couldn't contain it.

Matt squares up with the tall man, he purses his lips and just says as pretty as ever with a smile to match, "your just guilty boo", with a soft sarcastic laugh at the end.

Samuel remains quiet, it stung deeper, he was hurt, his eyes watered up, the wind picked up even more. Somehow he knew what Matt said was true. it just hurts too much to admit. Letting the tension overflow him he drew away from the present, the words Matt muttered to him replays. Releasing his clenched fist, before either of them could take a breath to calm down they were submerged under.

Matt trashes and tries to swim upward, his brown locks flowing downwards into his face as he goes up, the feeling of no physical support was jarring, he was left spinning around in the water. Matt's head occasionally pops up, his gasps for breath were silenced by the howling wind and splashing water.

Samuel just sank, his arms drawing above his head, as his black locks just gracefully weave around them. His eyes wide open, they burn, turning red from irritation, but Samuel felt nothing. All the poor boy could feel was disbelief and uncertainty. He didn't know what was happening yet his mind was aware, of the swirling vortex the water had become with him in the center, he just kept going down as Matt tries to grab the edge of the remains from the hallway floor. His fingertips graze the jagged rocks as he continues to swirl around.

The old man continues to watch, his fingertips patting each other as he smiles with comfort, knowing all too well that assurance of their death will be certain.