Can A Spark of Hope Shine Bright or Fade Away? |Requested!|

ابدأ من البداية

"I'm glad to see that you're doing okay, but I want you to be honest with us. Okay?" Shinobu cooed softly, then placing a gentle hand on Kumosu's chin and lifted her head up so she can face her. Kanao kept quiet, waiting patiently for the Hashira to continue speaking while keeping a gentle grasp on the younger girl's hand.

Kumosu only stood silent, feeling her body shaking a little from Shinobu's request of her being honest, but gave a small yet responsive nod. Her nose can easily catch the rage coming from the Insect Pillar, and she was secretly becoming scared of making her angry even more...

That's the last thing she needs...

"Where did you meet Ochi last?" Shinobu asked, removing her hand from the younger girl's chin so she can grab a tissue and wipe the tear stains from her cheeks.

"A few weeks ago. At the wisteria forest. I was comforting her myself...after an incident she had with a friend.." Kumosu responded after a few moments of staying silent. By 'friend', Kanao immediately knew who she was talking about.

"Okay, and what did she tell you before running off." Shinobu then asked, soon finishing wiping away Kumosu's face and throwing away the tissue. She was determined to find out everything, and Kumosu was the only person in the Kocho name who Ochi had trusted.

"The last thing Nee-Chan told me...was to send her greetings to the rookies after giving me the candy that made me lost my sense of smell.." Kumosu answered, feeling her heart shattering from the guilt that tears started flowing down her face. She never hated Ochi her entire life, but after what just happened that effected her completely in a sorrowful way, she just can't decide if she still has the same hope and sisterly love towards Ochi.

"I-I'm so sorry, Shinobu-San..! I kept a secret from all of you, yet you didn't get angry at me! Everything was my fault! If I haven't realized something seemed off, I would've told you! Now, Nee-Chan is gone and is now a demon! Have I...have I caused enough damage!?" Kumosu cried, not being able to maintain the tears that were continuing to spill out of her eyes.

Both Shinobu and Kanao stared at her in shock, their hearts breaking from seeing more of Kumosu's tears. She is only the youngest than anyone in the Kocho name, and she is never the one who shared such negative emotions.

After Kanae and Shinobu found her in the woods and took her to the Butterfly Estate, Kumosu continued to smile...

After Kanae was killed, Kumosu continued showing her positivity and was there to comfort Shinobu when she needed it most...

While Kanao wrapped her arms around the girl in a gentle embrace, Shinobu gently wiped her tears away with her thumbs and smiled in a comforting way that it eased the tension from the girl's shoulders.

"Kumosu...why would we be mad at you? You're only fourteen years old, and you never done anything wrong." Shinobu said softly, which made the young girl look up at her with confusion yet there was a hint of hope.

"I understand what you're going through, so please no more crying. It hurts me to see you upset like this.." She continued, soon joining the embrace in hopes of calming down Kumosu, which seemed to be working as she hugged them back, the tears soon going away.

"Shinobu-San? Kanao-Chan? If we find Ochi...will we bring her back home...and we can all live in peace again?" Kumosu asked, looking at her older sister with hopeful eyes once the three sisters broke the embrace. She may not forgive Ochi for putting her through such difficult and painful situation, but she still loved her.