| 45 | Final Warning

Start from the beginning

Damon didn't reply. The moment the muto charged towards him, he burst forward. They collided and snarled, snapping their jaws and swiping their claws. Damon didn't care—all he wanted to do was teach this asshole a lesson—so he didn't hold back. He clamped his jaws around the tiger's leg the moment he got the chance, and when Wilson wailed as his teeth tore his flesh, Damon used all his strength to launch the muto through the air.

When Wilson's body hit a tree, the sound of his breaking ribs made Jackson adorn a horrified frown, and it caused Damon to stop and hesitate for a moment.

But Wilson climbed to his paws, snarled furiously, and raced towards him.

"Stop!" Jackson insisted.

The muto clashed with Damon, who used his strength to shove him away. He didn't want to keep fighting; he didn't want to make it worse. Jackson didn't want this, so Damon didn't want it. But Wilson kept coming back; the tiger managed to smack Damon's muzzle, so Damon hit back, and the force made Wilson stumbled to the side.

"I said stop!" Jackson shouted, rushing over. "You guys are wasting your time with—"

Wilson harshly kicked Jackson away with his back leg before he could get between them, and then he pounced at Damon.

Damon watched Jackson tumble across the snow-covered ground; he wanted to run to him, but before he could snap out of it, Wilson sunk his teeth into the Alpha's neck.

With a painful wince, Damon flinched and tried to throw him off, but no matter how hard he yanked or slammed his paws into the tiger, he wouldn't let go.

"Get the fuck off me!" he yelled.

Wilson laughed through his clamped teeth, pulling harder and harder and harder—

Damon snarled furiously, watching Julian try to help Jackson up. Knowing his mate was hurt was enough to horrify him, but the fact that Wilson was responsible made him angry enough to kill him. But that wasn't an option.

However, he'd still put him in his place.

The Alpha roared in frustration, and without hesitation, he morphed into his Prime form. As his body transformed, Wilson lost his grip, and Damon immediately snatched the tiger's neck, picked him up, and pinned him against the closest tree.

"Listen to me, you piece of shit," he growled glaring into Wilson's eyes as he squired around, trying to escape. "The next time you so much as touch my mate, I'll rip every fucking limb off your body, and when you're this pathetic, legless freak, I'll leave you out in the snow to bleed out—or maybe I'll draw some cadejo over and watch them tear the flesh from your bones."

Wilson snarled and struggled. "You ain't got the fucking balls."

"Don't I?" he tested, leaning his face closer to his. "Jackson is mine, and whether you like it or not, it's going to be that way for as long as we live. This is the last time I'm going to warn you: know your fucking place, and if you step even an inch over the line, you know what's coming."

The tiger scoffed at him.

"Do you understand?"

He growled—

Damon tightened his grip, digging his claws into his flesh. "Do you fucking understand?"

With a struggled grunt, the tiger choked, "Yes."

The Alpha let go of him and stepped back. He watched him for a moment, ensuring he wasn't going to pounce once he turned his back, and then hurried over to Jackson, returning to his normal wolf form.