| 38 | The Ambush

Börja om från början

When Wilson smacked his opponent's face with his huge paw, Jackson lunged forward and snapped his jaws around the brown wolf's back leg. The beast yelped and tried kicking him off, but Wilson took advantage of it being distracted and clamped his teeth around its neck. And with a roar and a tug, the giant tiger twisted and pulled the wolf's head from its body.

"Thanks," Wilson said.

Jackson nodded and turned to face the battle.

"You go help Lalo, I'll help Bly," the muto said.

"Okay," Jackson said and then hurried over to Lalo.

The blonde wolf Lalo was facing grabbed the Kappa's muzzle with his teeth, but before he could bite down hard enough to do some real damage, Jackson crashed into him and sent the hostile wolf tumbling across the snow. The wolf rolled over one of the traps, and when he was pulled up to join his four dangling packmates, he whined and tried to break free.

Lalo panted and said, "Thanks, man."

"Jackson!" came Sebastien's voice.

Jackson turned his head and set his eyes on the winged hound. But then the branch that the rope holding the buff, one-eyed wolf was wrapped around snapped, and the beast hit the ground. He immediately went for Sebastien, who snarled and charged at the wolf.

As he ran, the hound called, "Use your fire before the ropes break!"

"Keep one of them alive!" then came Damon's voice.

He looked at the Alpha, who had just torn the head off his opponent. Then, Jackson scurried through the fight and took cover behind a nearby tree. He left his wolf form and held his hand towards the dangling wolves, but then somebody yelped painfully, and when Jackson saw Bly pinned down by one of Kane's wolves, he tensed up and aimed his hand towards the enemy.

But Damon quickly raced to help her, so Jackson turned his attention back to the four dangling wolves. He focused and created a ball of crimson fire in his hand, and then he threw it at one of them. The wolf went up in flames; it wailed and whined, burning into nothing in no time. Jackson ensnared two others, leaving just one hanging and panicking as his friends disappeared before his eyes.

Jackson stood there, glancing at the fighting packs, and making sure that the wolf Damon asked him to keep alive didn't escape. His packmates took down the remainder of Kane's wolves in a few minutes, and when the last wolf's head was removed, and he returned to his human form, Damon let out a howl of victory. The pack joined in, and the sound sent a chill down Jackson's spine.

They won. The plan worked.

It wasn't entirely over yet though.

"Get him down," Damon said, nodding at the dangling, panicking wolf.

Sebastien spat blue flames at the rope, and when it withered, the wolf fell and landed on the snow with a thump.

The wolf hurried to his paws and tried to flee, but Damon's wolves quickly surrounded him, blocking any chance he had at getting away.

Damon pounced and pinned the wolf down. "You're going to listen to me very carefully," he growled.

With a terrified whine, the wolf tried to break free, but its attempts were useless.

"Your Alpha picked the wrong pack to fuck with," Damon snarled, baring his teeth as he moved his maw into the wolf's line of sight. "You run back to him and tell him that I'm going to kill every single one of his wolves, and when he's all alone, I'll tear him apart one piece at a time until he's begging that I kill him, too. And you tell him...this is war, and he isn't going to win. The Grey Bloods are the last pack he will ever try to destroy."