"If it isn't—wait, who are you?" I tapped my chin and looked around, acting as if I didn't know who he was, "Actually, don't care. Excuse me." I tried passing by him, but he grabbed my shoulder and stopped me.

"Water and pop? That isn't the girl I know," He chuckled and his friends joined in, "Oh, wait. Is this for your little boyfriends?"

"Boyfriend." I corrected, "I know you're used to being in multiple relationships at the same time, but I'd rather stick with the one I got."

"A guys gotta do what he's gotta do," He ran his fingers through my hair and I swatted it away, "You didn't put out so I found someone who would." I continued ignoring him, "Let's have a drink and talk it out."

"I don't drink anymore." I said truthfully. I stopped drinking a few years ago after I realized it was ruining my life. Every day I'd wake up trying to find reasons to drink and knew I had to quit before it went too far. Matt helped me through it and to this day still helps me when I find myself craving alcohol.

"Come on, one drink," He pleaded and I stepped away from him, only for him to take a quick stride towards me and corner me by the fridge, "One drink and I'll let you go back to your little boyfriend."

"I think I'll pass." Instead of taking no for an answer, he held his cup above my head, slowly pouring it down in a threatening way, "Fucking stop."

"Just take a fucking drink then." His voice was cold. When I tried ignoring him, he spoke again, "Fine, have it your way." He tipped the cup completely and spilled the vodka smelling beverage on my shoes, making it splash all over.

"Are you fucking kidding me!?" The loudness of my voice made the entire kitchen go quiet, even people from the hall were peaking their heads in to see what the commotion was about, "You're such a fucking child, y'know that!?" I dropped the drinks and shoved him away from me. Once I saw an opening, I squeezed between him and his friends to try and exit the room.

"And you're a lousy bitch, y'know that!?" I wasn't completely sure what happened. Through my blurry vision I saw myself falling, then a sharp pain radiating through the entire left side of my face.

"Y/n?" I looked up and saw Nick walking over to me, "Oh my god. Matt!? Chris!?" He lifted me up a bit and I saw my boyfriend shoving his way through the sea of people, "She has blood all over her face. What the fuck happened!?"

"Someone better start talking." Matt clenched his jaw and looked at everyone in the room, "Who the fuck touched my girlfriend!?"

"Bro, I—it was an acciden—I didn't—"

"This motherfucker is about to get his ass kicked." Matt room a step towards him, "Get her out of here."

"I got your back, bro," Chris stood directly behind Matt. I wanted to argue and get between them, but the taste of iron and pounding headache made me useless.

"Slow." Nick said as he lifted me off the ground, "Use this." He swiped some paper towel and held it against my bloody nose and busted lip. The crowd of people parted just enough to let Nick and I through, then closed behind us.

"I'm gonna get blood all over the car," I argued as Nick sat me into the passenger seat.

"We don't care," Nick threw my feet into the car and buckled my seatbelt, "What happened?" I tried piecing all the events together.

"My ex was being a douche," I cut to the chase, "He shoved me and I think I smacked my fucking face off the island."

"Wait, that's your ex?" Nick asked in disbelief. I nodded my head, "Glad you found Matt, then. That kid is a wanna be rapper." His joke made me crack a smile and be closed the door to go to his own seat in the back.