Chapter 21 - In The Wolf's Den - Projekt Red Route

Start from the beginning

-''Tacet!'' She said taken aback and looking at me.
-''Guide me on your path, my lupa.'' I said with a smile and a wink.

I could read her body language and I could tell she didn't reject this. On the contrary, it seemed she enjoyed the comfort and novelty of being carried close as much as it may have embarrassed her on the inside. She didn't seem content to let it be only one-sided, and soon she held her dangerous hands sweetly on my shoulders for support. Making this as mutual as it could have been. Her smile reappearing even more lively on her ever so strict visage.

I realised it must have been a very twisted sense of poetry what was happening now. Carrying my bane, my killer like that of a lover. And I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. We stopped at a door and Red swiped her keycard on the lock reader. The door granted access, and she looked at me before I passed threshold inside with her still up in my arms. As if she was unsure if I would have dared to enter her dark den, yet, I did with no hesitation. Inside I took in her scent with which the room was bathed in. I landed her gently on her feet, releasing my deadly lupo. It was already getting dark and Red switched on the lights.

She turned around, and she faced me more serious than she was before.

-You seem restless Red. Is there something bothering you?
-People might have seen that.
-I don't mind, do you?
-No... Tacet, why are you so nice to me?

It was such a simple question, yet I there was no uncomplicated answer to it. There was too much behind both the question and the answer. And she started to approach me with her hood off her head. I could see her golden eyes almost glowing in the light along with less of her usual deadly demeanour. I realised that I could barely sense any danger coming from her aura now.

-Red is not stupid, you look at me unlike any other.
-And I can smell you, I can sense no fear.
-You are eager to feel Red though you know the danger.

She now came in front of me.

-What were you going to do to me in the sparring room?
-''Something unwise.'' I answered
-Tacet, I want you to do what you would have done then.
-''You can touch Red if you want.'' She said as she looked at me with expectant eyes that I have never seen before.

I understood now. She felt something for me as well, and this deadly lupo was willing to let her guard down for it. I myself felt already at the precipice so close to her and in this intimacy. My heart was aching to have this wolf girl in my arms again. I grabbed her gently by the hips and pulled her close in my embrace. She watched intently, curious, vulnerable, but closed her eyes as I leaned nearer and kissed her lips. We shared a simple kiss, and then we shared another, longer one. She opened her eyes and seemed more lovely than ever as her serious mask seemed to have melted away. We remained in each other's arms.

-Do you like Red, Tacet?
-''I love you Red.'' I confessed.
-Why Tacet?!
-I revealed to them that you were a killer.
-I almost killed you... no, I had killed you. You just refused to die...

Two tears, one after another on different cheeks suddenly flowed down on her.

-Yet you still trust me. Trusted me to bring me to your den, trusted me to come here.
-You stopped me from marching in that snowy death. And you risked your life to bring me back from that avalanche.
-You are nice to me, not afraid.
-They all avoid me except you, Kal'tsit and Doctor.
-So why...

I wiped her cheeks tenderly.

-I felt for you the first moment I saw you clearly, the moment we clashed steel.
-And I have come to trust you as only lone wolves do.
-I love you Red. I want you to be my lupa.

She looked shocked if that was possible, she stared at me and her expression softened.

-I think Red loves you too Tacet.
-''Please, stay with me.'' She said looking at me with wet, pleading eyes.