"What's wrong with him?" Yan asked as she watched Aang leave with Momo. She looked around at the group, not realizing that their failed invasion plan had taken a lot out of everyone.

Sokka rubbed his chin in thought. "There's gotta be someone who can teach him firebending." he thought out loud. The group exchanged looks and further suggestions but everyone came up empty.

After trying and failing to come up with a firebender who could teach Aang firebending, the group hopped on Appa's back and began following Aang as he flew around the upside-down buildings of the temple. Katara and Sokka tried to speak with Aang but he wasn't listening, doing loops and avoiding their attempts to get him to talk. Appa landed in a courtyard with a fountain, Aang talking about showing them a giant Pai Sho table and an all-day echo chamber.

"I think that'll have to wait," Toph said, her tone dropping. She pointed behind her, Appa moving out of the way. The group turned and their jaws dropped in shock. Standing behind Team Avatar was someone everyone was dreading to see, especially Yan. 

"Hello. Zuko here." Zuko said nonchalantly as he raised a hand. Everyone stood in a defensive position, ready to strike Zuko down. However, Yan was not hesitating or waiting. She charged at Zuko, throwing volley upon volley of boulders as he quickly moved out of the way to avoid getting crushed. "Wait, stop!" Yan was not listening to his pleas, only stopping when Sokka rushed forward and grabbed her under her arms, pulling her away.

"You left me to rot in prison! How dare you come here?" she shouted, Sokka restraining her from attacking Zuko any further. Appa stepped over to Zuko and growled loudly in his ear, the firebender cowering away. The group was surprised to see Appa lick Zuko, something the sky bison only did to someone he trusted.

"I know you must be surprised to see me here. Anyway, what I wanted to tell you about is that I've changed, and I'm, uh, good now. And, well, I think I should join your group. Oh, and I can teach firebending to you." Zuko began pleading his case. Yan scoffed in disbelief, Aang's anger softened, and Katara's frown deepened. The two bender girls did not believe Zuko, both being first-hand witnesses to his betrayal in Ba Sing Se.

"You can't possibly think that any of us would trust you, can you? I mean, how stupid do you think we are? All you've ever done is try to hunt us down and capture Aang." Katara barked, her hands balling into fists. Zuko continued to prove his innocence, stating that he was the one who freed Appa back in Ba Sing Se. Sokka, Katara, and Yan still weren't buying it.

"I can understand why you wouldn't trust me and I know I've made some mistakes in the past. I admit that I've done some awful things. I was wrong to try to capture you, and I'm sorry that I attacked the Water Tribe. And I never should've sent that Fire Nation assassin after you. I'm gonna try and stop him-" Zuko continued, Sokka's eyes widening when he learned that the man who could firebend with his mind ― who he dubbed Sparky Sparky Boom Man and Combustion Man ― was following them because of Zuko's orders.

"Wait, you sent Combustion Man after us?" he questioned, taking out his boomerang and pointing it at Zuko. The group began arguing with Zuko, Toph and Katara telling the former Fire Nation prince that they were used as bait for Combustion Man to capture Aang.

Aang was notably quiet, Zuko turning to the Avatar. "Why aren't you saying anything? You once said you thought we could be friends. You know I have good in me." Zuko reminded the boy. Aang glanced at his friends who shook their heads, wanting him to send Zuko away.

"There's no way we can trust you after everything you've done. We'll never let you join us." Aang concluded, Zuko's eyes widening in shock.

"You need to get out of here. Now." Katara ordered.