"I'm not..."

"You very much are in love with Ransom. Has Curtis got to spend time with the girls?" you shake your head no. "Have you spent less time letting all these men at your house? Don't know why I'm asking. I know you have. They babysit at one of their houses now. He had thought you would let him stay."

"I don't need Aster and Iris to get attached."

"And you're afraid that they would?" Becca leans over her canvas to look at her.

"He's not unhappy. He likes things being a bit more casual with you," You get another quick smile from Nat.

"Don't you dare say it," Wanda warns her with a laugh.

"But you could reward him."

You laugh at her, trying to ignore what she said. Everyone returning to their painting. Conversation much lighter, the other girls giggling once the wine goes through their system. Almost losing sight of the discussion from earlier, when you begin cleaning up. Bucky already walking through the doors, "I heard you guys might have had too much to drink."

"Buck, you didn't have to. I haven't drunk," with a smile he tilts his head towards the door, and you notice the towering presence of Curtis in the doorway giving you a slight wave with his hand.

"You were going to be unavailable to drive everyone. I'll make sure they all get home safely. Enjoy yourself," he leans in a bit closer, and you finally look back at Bucky, "He means well. Don't take things too seriously, and just have fun."

Giving him a big smile, you walk towards Curtis, "What are you doing here?"

"I had today off, and you blew me off for a couple of hours for painting and wine. Thought I would pick you up, if you had drunk."

"I didn't."

"I see that. But since I'm here..."

"I can spend time with you. Aster and Iris are with Ransom at the Thrombey's."

Turning around he casually grabs a hold of your hand to walk you to his truck. "Does that mean I get you the rest of the day?" when you nod your head, he gives you a genuine smile. "Good. I have an idea, I talked with Bucky about it. Checked with your landlord, and it's okay," he laughs when you give him a look, "I'm not creepy. I just have experience in PTSD."

"I don't..."

"It's okay. You and your daughters were kidnapped. Not to mention everything else. It's just a suggestion. We don't have to do anything..." with the talk with Nat you're unsure of what he's referring to, especially knowing no one is at your apartment. Sensing your unease he laughs, "It's not that. Not that I'm opposed to that, but you don't really think Bucky would suggest sex, or even that I would be discussing that with your landlord. Just, trust me. And if you think it's going to be too much, I won't be offended."

You choose to trust him. He's never given you a reason to before then, so you relax. His eyes on the road, but he sees your body soften, your arm relaxed on the arm rest, and he sets his beside yours. His pinky wiggling around on your hand until you take his in yours, and he gives you a quick squeeze, hearing your soft singing to the music, until you pull up to a house. "What are we doing?"

"Going to introduce you to some...well, come on," you follow him out of the car, and he doesn't hesitate to grab your hand. "Again, open mind. Even if you choose not to take a souvenir today, I think you'll enjoy it."

This just gives you more questions than answers. You highly doubt that there's souvenirs at this house. The closer you get the tighter his grip gets, and then you hear the barking. The dogs outside excited about new people. "A puppy?" you excitedly ask.