Remus and Valentines

Start from the beginning

After walking out into the grounds, Remus saw someone in the lake. 

It was February. It was freezing cold. Why were they in the lake?

Wait.

Why was Peter in the lake?

Remus stopped in his tracks, taking the sight in.

Why was Sirius pushing Peter back into the lake?

Peter turned and his eyes locked on Remus.

"Mooooony!! I need your help!" He laughed as he dragged Sirius under the water with him. James was sat on the bank laughing and shaking his head.

Sirius emerged from the water and shook like a wet dog, sending droplets of icy lake water flying in every direction.

Remus walked over to join James on the bank.

"Do I even want to know?" Remus asked him, a smile playing on the edges of his lips.

James laughed as Peter slipped and went under once more, before shaking his head in response to Remus's question.

Once Sirius and Peter were out of the lake, they quickly started to shiver, so the four boys decided to head back into the castle.

Sirius and Peter's feet squelched in their shoes as they walked along the stoned floor of the corridors. Remus glanced behind and noticed that they had left a trail of watery footprints. Just as he was about to comment, Argus Filch appeared from around the corner. Filch had only been the caretaker of Hogwarts for a couple of years, but he had already earned himself a reputation.

Remus's eyes widened. He didn't want another detention any time soon.

"Run!" He shouted, making a break for it.

Remus ran down the corridor as quickly as he could. He had the longest legs out of the four boys, and hence held the lead. Remus was so far ahead that he didn't notice Peter slip in his own puddle of water.

When Remus reached the portrait of the fat lady, he leaned against a wall to catch his breath. He could hear fast footsteps approaching, and moments later, James and Sirius were beside him.

"Where's Wormtail?" Remus asked.

The three boys sat down in the common room to wait for him. About half an hour later, when they were just about to go out to look for him, Peter arrived, still soaked from the black lake, with his head hung in shame.

"He caught me. I've got detention on Monday." Peter groaned as he threw himself down on the sofa in front of the fire.

"Peter! You're leaving puddles on the sofa!" Marlene shouted from the other side of the common room.

Peter sighed and stood up. He walked towards their dorm to get changed out of his damp clothes.

The afternoon flew by, and before long, it was 10pm and the four boys were sat in front of the fire, each with a bottle of firewhisky.

"So... Moony... What are you plans for Valentines Day?" Sirius asked, taking a large swig from his bottle.

"Is that you asking me out? Because I'm officially a taken man." Remus responded sarcastically.

"Oh damn, I missed my chance!" Sirius joked.

The four boys laughed and joked, warming themselves in front of the fire. 

"In all seriousness, I don't have any. And it's next week. I need to think of something." Remus added, starting to worry a little.

"Oh I'm sure we can think of something!" James exclaimed mischievously.