Remus and Valentines

Remus returned to his dorm room glowing inside and out. He couldn't help the huge grin on his face as he entered the room and made his way to bed.

"Someone seems happy, considering the fact that they just had detention." James commented, tilting his head to one side and watching Remus closely.

"A very long detention." Sirius added, glancing at his watch, and then back up at Remus.

"Or perhaps he went somewhere else afterwards?" Peter suggested, totalling missing the insinuations of James and Sirius's comments.

"Stop it." Remus smiled, rolling his eyes. 

Remus pulled the curtains around his bed closed as he got changed into his pyjamas.

After lifting his jumper over his head, he stretched out his arms and looked over them. He looked down at his torso. 

'Have I always been this scrawny?'  He wondered.

He looked down at his body, his slender frame, the scars scattered across his skin. 

He wrapped his arms around himself uncomfortably. 

Remus wondered if Freya was also covered in scars like him. He doubted it.

He felt self conscious. Now that she was his girlfriend, at some point, she would see his body. What would she think of it? Would she pull away, repulsed? Would she be afraid to touch him?

Remus pushed his thoughts away, pulling his pyjama shirt over his head.

Once he was dressed, Remus opened up his curtains, and got under the duvet.

Remus wondered if his friends were already asleep. He wanted to tell them. He wanted to share his excitement.

"I did it." Remus told them quietly, his voice coming out barely a whisper.

Sirius sat up at once.

"Moony." He said, his eyes wide and glowing in the dim light, a devilish grin breaking out on his lips.

"Did what?" Peter asked in a mumble, half asleep.

"I asked Freya to be my girlfriend." Remus responded.

"Aww our little Moony! I'm so proud!" Sirius exclaimed.

"Well done Moony." James added, sitting up rubbing his eyes and reaching for his glasses on his bedside table.

"I thought she was already your girlfriend?" Peter asked, a little confused.

The four boys stayed up talking for a while, but then one by one they fell asleep. First of all Peter, then James. When Sirius and Remus were the only ones left, Sirius got up and moved across the room, sitting on the bottom of Remus's bed so he could whisper and not wake the other two boys up.

Remus and Sirius talked until the early hours of the morning. When James and Peter awoke at 7am, they found Sirius curled up asleep at the bottom of Remus's bed.

<><><>

Remus loved Saturdays. He loved the sense of freedom. The start of the weekend. Two whole days to do whatever he pleased. No lessons. No work to be done, not at this time of year anyway.

Remus had just left the library after spending the morning with Freya. The pair had sat in front of the window for a change. The winter sun had been low in the sky, and hence streamed in through the large pane of glass. Remus had found it difficult to keep his thoughts on his book. His girlfriend was sat next to him. His first girlfriend.

He had wondered what would happen at the next full moon. It was just over a week away. Would they spend it together like old times? Old times, where he hadn't known that she was the other werewolf.