CHAPTER 3

Worked on this on Labor Day weekend :D

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

The two had been dating for about a year now. At first, it had been easy to keep everything a secret, but as their relationship grew it became harder to hide. For a few months now some of the marines began noticing something was off about their vice admiral. No one thought that the two were dating but some began to speculate that Garp was working with the Whitebeard pirates.

The speculations continued to grow until it was becoming dangerous for Garp to try to hide it. if they did find out he was working with the pirates or even worse, dating their captain, then he would be sentenced to death. Wanting to avoid this outcome and feeling as though there was nothing left for him in the marines Garp chose to go AWOL.

Garp chose to settle down in Foosha for a while. He stayed there for years, managing to stay hidden from the marines who were now chasing him. A bounty for him had been posted as if he was a criminal. While Garp was in Foosha, Whitebeard's terminal illness worsened greatly. He had kept it hidden from Garp for a couple years but Garp had recently found out. Whitebeard could only come to Foosha a few times a year since he was still sailing as a pirate captain. The last time he came by Garp had finally persuaded him to tell him how bad the illness had gotten. Hearing this Garp became quite worried for his boyfriend, so he came up with a plan to be able to be with him more incase Whitebeard truly did have little time left.

Garp would join the Whitebeard pirates.

While he was on the crew, he did everything in his power to find a cure for Whitebeard. There were no doctors good enough to help him though.

Finally, as the stories of his grandson's crew spread further and further, he swallowed his pride and called his grandson.

"Hey gramps, whats up??" Luffy answered on the other end of the transponder snail.

"I need your help..." Garp said reluctantly.

"Oh... with what? You've never needed my help before," Luffy inquired.

"I need Chopper to be sent to the Whitebeard's ship. Along with Kureha, the doctor who helped raise him," Garp said.

"Youre not taking my crewmate!! I know youre a pirate now, but NO!!"

"I NEED HIM TO SAVE WHITEBEARD'S LIFE!! PLEASE LUFFY!!!! I LOVE HIM!!!" Garp yelled in desperation.

"Love who? Whitebeard?" Luffy asked calmly on the other side of the phone.

"Yes. We've been together for a few years now. Please, just send your doctor," Garp pleaded.

"Fine, but you owe me," Luffy said, and the transponder snail went silent.

A few days later Chopper and Kureha boarded the Moby Dick. They worked tirelessly day and night for weeks. The Strawhats eventually joined them, and the 2 crews spent months together while the 2 doctors worked on finding a way to save Whitebeard from his fate.

After many months of tests and experimental drugs, the 2 doctors had finally found a way to stop the progression of the illness. They removed what they could of the illness from Whitebeard's blood and gave him many years worth of medication that would prevent the illness from returning. They had combined many different drugs and finally made one that stopped the illness but also didn't harm Whitebeard while doing it.

With Whitebeard cured, the 2 crews separated, and went about with their normal everyday pirate activities. Luffy's crew continued on to try to find the One Piece while Whitebeard's crew focused on protecting the lands they held dear.

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

This chapter literally had 3 whole bullet points for the plot, so it was kinda short...

(675 words)