Chapter Sixteen

The gathering finally arrived. Aeris woke up early to prepare herself. She took a shower, combed her hair, and brushed her teeth. She dressed up in a light beige tunic with a black utility belt. She put on her black boots and exited her chambers to look for the Masters and the other younglings.

She was walking down the corridor when she felt someone approaching quickly. She was pulled into an empty room and the door was locked. When she was able to move, she turned around to be faced with a grinning Anakin. She let a small sight before looking to him in the eyes.

Aeris: Ani ! What were you thinking ?

Anakin: Hello to you too Angel.

She glared at him and he chuckled.

Anakin: Relax Aeris, I just wanted to say good luck. I wasn't going to kill you or something.

Aeris: You better not.

They smiled at each other once again. Aeris was on the verge of turning around when Anakin hugged her and gently kissed her forehead.

Anakin: You're gonna nail it. I believe in you.

He gave her a light smile before exiting the room. She followed him and they both went to the hard deck. Waiting there were Master Yoda and Master Plo-Koon as well as some of the younglings. Anakin gave a last squeeze at her hand before leaving her there. Aeris went to stand next to Master Yoda and waited for the other younglings to arrive.

Less than half an hour later, all the younglings were there. They all boarded a ship and set course towards Ilum, the kyber crystal planet. Once they all arrived, they were told the aim of the gathering. Facing the force and getting their kyber crystal. They all let the force guide them and everyone parted ways.

Aeris was the last to go. She could feel the force pushing her toward the north. She climbed hills and crossed rivers and forests before she stumbled upon a cave. Instantly, it was like a string appeared and tied her to something inside the cave. She felt it tugging and decided to step forwards.

She continued walking for at least ten minutes in narrow corridors before stumbling into a bigger area. All around, we could see crystal lighting the cave with several colors. When she stepped forward once again, she felt like she was in a trance. She was seeing things that she had a hard time to process. A war, death, light flying from one side to another, people fighting without weapons, using only their hands to conquer their enemies. Everything was blurred, a mix of green, blue, red, and purple. It seemed like she was stuck in a whirlpool. It was overwhelming, too overwhelming. She sat down and focused. Each image was coming slower than the one before but she still couldn't make out what she was seeing. She looked for a way out for about five minutes before she was suddenly back at the cave, sweating. The whole place was a bright blue, red, and purple before it turned back to pure white.

Aeris stayed on the floor for about ten more minutes before she arose shakingly on her feet. She took a step forward but was blinded by a bright light coming from the ceiling of the cave. When she looked up, she saw 3 crystal kyber, about an inch each. She took the three of them in her palm and felt an instant connection to them.

She made her way back to the ship and to Master Yoda and Master Plo-Koon. She was one of the first to come back. There were two girls and three boys among the 20 and so children that came. She sat a bit away from them and started playing with her crystals until Master Yoda came.

Yoda: Troubled, you seem.

Aeris: I'm sorry Master. It's just ... the images I saw, were they real ?

Yoda: That, I can't tell. But worry not, you must. Strong with the force, you are. Be fooled by it, you must learn not to.

Aeris: Thank you, Master.

Master Yoda gave her a small nod before going back to Master Plo-Koon.

Aeris: Strong with the force ... it feels like I'm drowning in it right now. Why is it that I always feel it so strongly ?

She put her hand above her heart, feeling it beating really. It was like that since she crashed on that mysterious planet after her mission. She tried to find it again in the holomaps but it was like the planet disappeared all of a sudden. But she couldn't shake the feeling that she'll have to go there again someday. As if it was calling her.

Aeris stopped daydreaming and raised her head to see the other younglings coming back with colored crystals. When she looked back at hers, they were still white but she couldn't understand why. Once all the younglings were back, they boarded the ship.