8.

Eddie was incredibly relieved to have Buck back officially. Even if it wasn't exactly how it used to be, even if there were a couple things (Christopher mostly) he was still holding back on. It would take time, but he was sure he and Buck would get there. He'd wormed his way into Eddie's life so quickly and easily the first time, he was sure it wouldn't take Buck long to break down whatever barriers he'd managed to build in his absence.

He had also almost kissed Buck, which was not something he would've imagined in a million years. He didn't even know what to think about it. Had he ever had the 'If I had to pick a guy' thought about his best friend? Sure, loads of times. Had he ever thought that that might become a reality? No.

Still though, he didn't actually kiss Buck. He didn't actually kiss Buck because they were interrupted by a knock at the door. (If his very first reaction to that interruption was frustration then no one needed to know).

It turned out to be pretty much their entire family at the door minus Bobby. Their entire family who, to his knowledge, had not been invited.

Yeah, judging by Buck's shocked expression, they definitely hadn't been invited.

"Hey everyone, come on in?" Buck said, sounding confused when he swung his front door open to see them all standing there.

Buck shot a glance back at where he was still sitting on the couch, looking to see if he knew what was going on. Eddie just shrugged though, not having known about this.

"Hey Buck, sorry to show up unannounced." Hen said, while Maddie filed in looking both comfortable in the apartment while uncomfortable and sad looking at her brother.

Actually, they were all sort of acting weird with Buck. Even Athena, who walked in and immediately pulled Buck into a hug and murmured something he couldn't hear to him, looked terribly sad when she looked at him.

"It's uh, no problem. You guys technically weren't the only ones." Buck waved them off with a feeble attempt at a joke, pointing to where he was still sitting on the couch.

Eddie gave a little wave as they all seemed to notice his presence.

"Eddie." Chim said, staring at him with wide eyes. "What're you doing here?"

Eddie shrugged, feeling incredibly awkward, especially with the way everyone was staring at him with wide eyed surprise, like he wasn't supposed to be here. "Uh, Buck and I were sort of hashing things out, I guess."

"Oh, right." Chim nodded, muttering an "It's about time." that Eddie didn't appreciate.

"Yeah." Was what he went with in reply, pursing his lips, "What're you all doing here?"

"We needed to talk to Buck." Hen said, turning to Buck, "We, uh, we figured it out."

Buck paled at that news, "The mystery of the sketchy therapist?" He asked, though it looked like he already knew the answer.

"Yeah." Hen nodded, looking grim, "There's not really a way to ask this that isn't incredibly awkward." She cut a glance over to where he was sitting, "but do you want us to do this with Eddie here?"

Wait what? He wanted to know what the fuck was going on with the whole therapist thing too!

"Hold on! I want to know too!" He straightened up before looking at Buck, "C'mon man, I already switched therapists!"

"You did?" Buck looked surprised, which was honestly fair enough.

Eddie just nodded, he'd switched therapists after what Hen had said to him at last weeks session. He'd done a lot of thinking after that too, which had eventually led to him being here in the first place.