4.

Chim was waiting for her when she got home, which she probably should've been expecting.

"I hear you've had quite the day at Dr. Wells' office." He said as soon as she sat down at the table with him.

Karen was out at the park with the kids, so they had the house to themselves, which Hen was grateful for.

"I did." She confirmed.

"That's funny," he said, and clearly he was confused and frustrated, "considering she's not your therapist."

"She isn't, but she's Buck's" Hen replied.

"So what?" Chim asked, voice getting louder, "he asked you to be there or something?"

"No," she replied, keeping her voice level. It was about time they had this conversation, she'd let him wallow in his feelings of betrayal and anger long enough, "He didn't even know I was coming."

"I don't get it." Chim continued, "It's a complete invasion of privacy on Buck's part, and now you're what? Helping him?"

Hen rolled her eyes, "He isn't invading your privacy, he can't see or hear you during your session."

"So then what the hell is he doing there?" Chimney replied, throwing his hands up in the universal sign of frustration.

"He's protecting you." Hen replied, voice rising a bit in exasperation. It was honestly getting ridiculous how blind the others were being.

"From what?!" Chin exclaimed.

"I don't know." Hen replied, evening her voice out again.

"So then how do you know he's 'protecting us'?" he asked, making air quotes.

"I don't have to know what he thinks the danger is to know what he looks like when he's in guard dog mode." She snapped back, "Neither would you, if you'd take a second to think about it."

"I don't get it." Chim said, deflating a bit and Hen sighed.

"Fine, then I'll spell it out for you." She said, "When we got our therapist assignments, he asked to switch. He said she wasn't a good therapist, that he didn't trust her, and that none of us should see her."

"I know I was there." Chim said, waving his hand in a go on fashion.

"It was strange for him to do that. He's in the doghouse and he knows it." She continued to explain, "He's been doing the extra chores, he's been man-behind, and you all have been giving him the cold shoulder. Yet the only time he's said much of anything was to apologize, he hasn't spoken up at all and he hasn't complained. Not until the therapist assignments."

"Ok, so it's strange." Chim admitted, "but I still don't get it."

"Something happened, something bad happened with that therapist, he was practically panicking at the table." Hen continued.

"Or it didn't!" Chin butted in, "We don't know that!"

"We do." Hen butted in, "Dr. Wells has clearly agreed to some sort of arrangement with him. She also clearly doesn't like him, and if that isn't an admittance of guilt then I don't know what is. Plus, whatever it is that happened, it's gotta be bad for her to have agreed to let Buck do all this."

Chim paused and considered this. "And you really don't know what it is?"

"No, I don't." Hen replied.

"But you're going to find out?" He replied, knowing her too well.

"I'm going to try." She responded, "Now, I'm going to go meet my family for dinner, and you are going to go home and think about what I've told you."