Trapper/Keeper

Billie's POV

Billie's POV

Bode and I are sat at the table eating pancakes that mum has made. She comes over to us and sets syrup on the table.

Mum" Want some syrup?

Twins" Yes, please"

Bode and I then drown our pancakes in syrup.

Mum" Duncan's on his way down from Boston, so great to have him here to help us get settled.Why is everyone so quiet today?"

Twins" We're not quiet"

Mum" Okay"

Bode and I look at Kinsey.

Kinsey" You don't remember seeing anything unusual last night?"

Mum" You mean the mirror?The one in the twins room?Yeah, we'll get around to polishing it, but it's way down on my list"

All of us then hear the doorbell ring.

Mum" That's the hardware shop delivery"

Billie" She doesn't remember anything"

Kinsey walks around to us and sits down next to me.

Kinsey" Okay, I've been thinking, and maybe what happened last night didn't happen like we think it happened"

Billie" What do you mean?"

Kinsey" I mean mould, this house is full of mould and some mould makes people sick, it makes them hallucinate. It could explain why Mom doesn't remember anything.

Bode" Look the reason she doesn't remember is because she's a grown up"

Billie" That's how this stuff always works in to shows and films"

Bode" She is right, only kids can get into Narnia"

Kinsey" This isn't The Lion, The Witch and The "whatever,"

Billie" Wardrobe"

Kinsey gives me a side eye.

Kinsey" Listen the both of you, this is the real world, where everything makes sense except you two"